the dark, the twisted, and the evil..

Cults, religions, organizations...for example, what could have hitler accomplished without the nazi party?

And of course there's sexually assaulting children as the Night Stalker had a thing for. So much of the things that people do are a grey area, Holding that opinion, i've disqualified myself from answering this in a serious way.

Last edited:
This is almost a thread more for The Philosopher forum section. People may commit evil actions, but it's not like they chose to have an evil personality in the first instance. The typical serial killer was abused as a child. So I guess my conclusion is that nothing created by humans is truly evil.

Nature, now there's some truly evil shit. Such as the unfeeling mathematics of natural selection, ensuring that the lives of wild animals are, on average, brief and packed with suffering.

Reactions: LethalCockSlap
This is almost a thread more for The Philosopher forum section. People may commit evil actions, but it's not like they chose to have an evil personality in the first instance. The typical serial killer was abused as a child. So I guess my conclusion is that nothing created by humans is truly evil.

Nature, now there's some truly evil shit. Such as the unfeeling mathematics of natural selection, ensuring that the lives of wild animals are, on average, brief and packed with suffering.

Hmmmm, i sympathize but i mostly disagree with you. Yes, serial killers and the like are most likely abused or neglected as children, which messes with their hypothalamus: making it much harder or impossible to connect with or feel empathy for all other people.

Aren't humans and nature one in the same thing? There aren't any mathematics in natural selection, it's just whatever animal happens to be suited for the environment passes on its genes, whereas the other ones overtime fail to reproduce. If there is a mathematical ratio to be discovered in all of this, it's not like nature consciously chose it. Despite all appearances i don't believe in God or Satan.

btw i was joking about the cartoon character molesting children, just want to make that clear because everything else has been dead serious even though a little ridiculous.

Aren't humans and nature one in the same thing?
If you include evil things created/done by humans as part of nature then nature gets the credit for them, so it doesn't change my point.

There aren't any mathematics in natural selection, it's just whatever animal happens to be suited for the environment passes on its genes, whereas the other ones overtime fail to reproduce. If there is a mathematical ratio to be discovered in all of this, it's not like nature consciously chose it.
There's mathematics in everything. Mathematical models and population statistics are of huge relevance to evolution. The universe is effectively one monstrous computer. The beginning of life on Earth is like starting up some programs on it. I'm basically saying the term 'truly evil' seems better applied to natural evil rather than moral evil. Moral evils occur when conscious people have some bad/undesirable code, whereas natural evils suggest the whole damn computer is inherently sick and twisted (including that it allows moral evils to be possible at all). :D

If you include evil things created/done by humans as part of nature then nature gets the credit for them, so it doesn't change my point.

There's mathematics in everything. Mathematical models and population statistics are of huge relevance to evolution. The universe is effectively one monstrous computer. The beginning of life on Earth is like starting up some programs on it. I'm basically saying the term 'truly evil' seems better applied to natural evil rather than moral evil. Moral evils occur when conscious people have some bad/undesirable code, whereas natural evils suggest the whole damn computer is inherently sick and twisted (including that it allows moral evils to be possible at all). :D

i guess you are referring to the fact that the-universe/mother-nature is inherently cruel and doesn't have any sort of morality. While I agree with you, i think it's an absurdity to believe that's the case 100% of the time: the existence of things like metal and cuddly mammals disproves that. You can also argue that nature is being kind until she creates which seems to just be a product of our star's distance from the earth. Evil as life and sensuality...while the buddhists don't say that kind of stuff, it seems to be what some of them believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 616
Evil is a man made concept, that in nature that you deem evil, is just nature, we see "evil" in what we dont like, (or, in some peoples cases, do like) that's not to deny that life can be unfair, but again, what fair, and what's not is a man made construct

Yes, but it's about what the concept can be projected onto once we've come up with it. What you deem evil in terms of humans (and their actions that cause pain etc.) is ultimately just nature too as LethalCockSlap said. Those who believe Satan exists don't think he's man-made, so that's another idea that true evil would be something bigger and beyond our control.

Anyway, if we want a recommendation along these lines I guess we should watch March of the Penguins first.