The death metal thread

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Another thread about what really matters... MUSIC! In this thread, discuss the awesome bruitalness that is death metal. Discuss your favorite bands, albums, ect... anything that's death metal related. My favorite DM bands are:
Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Immolation, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Death, Kataklysm, Arghoslent, Vore... and many others who I'm forgetting.

Dying Fetus
Kataklysm
Wormed
Deranged
Decapitated
Immolation
Misery Index
Nasum
Beheaded
Blood Duster
Gorelord
old Hypocrisy

I am not a huge fan of blast beat craziness, but when a death metal band gets that fucking heavy ass gind groove going on - you know the riffs that make you wanna run people off the road in your car - I rock out...and run people off the road with my car.

Wormed is kinda funny, their vocalist is..well..strange thats for sure.

Kataklysm just fucking owns.

Gorelord is good, I like anything with horror themes ( Deceased )

Carcass! Very important!

Carcass
Death (my favorite band in anything)
Bloodbath is cool shit
Opeth, if you still want to call it death metal
Morbid Angel pretty cool
Cannibal Corpse
Entombed
Obituary
Suffocation's pretty cool

Hmmm... Obituary, Cynic, Death, Dismember, At The Gates (maybe more thrash), Autopsy, Carcass, Napalm Death, Suffocation, Carcass, Cryptopsy and CARCASS.

Malevolent Creation and Six Feet Under also have some good tracks.

I love classic death bands like Death, Master, Cannibal Corpse, Malevolent Creation, Benediction, Bolt Thrower, Hypocrisy, Deicide and Dismember.

@Hamster, you think Cynic could really be considered death metal? They're one of my favorites but they aren't that heavy.

Dissection was good back in 95 but now they would be just confused with the million clones they spawned. And I wont even mention the shit they are making now that Jon is out of jail.

The first two albums kicked ass, as did Jon's first band "the black" but thats straight bm.

Pre heartwork Carcass kicked ass! I keep thinking of more bands as I flip through my cd collection but the above post was what I thought off because I had them in play rotation :)