The Death of true melodic death

Sep 30, 2005
You guys were it, man! I thought No one could beat the Forsaken, but you guys did. And as soon as I got into you guys you broke up. This news is horrible. I hate to say it guys, but those other bands you guys are in, hold no match to the beast known as vehemence. Sorry to see you guys go.

Kronos is good. other recommendations? I like The Forsaken, Arsis, Holymarsh, Quo Vadis, Vehemence, Capharnaum, Intestine Baalism

sorry to let you guys down, but it was the best choice to make. I just started writing tunes for my new band Abigail Williams, so you should be able to hear some Vehemence-type stuff in it. We'll post some new material online very soon.

YOu should all check out Symbiontic. Thats the only band Ive heard that I would consider saying sounds like Vehemence.

There's a band from around here that's sort of similar to Vehemence, but I think Vehemence is better. Still a good band, though... Heaven Ablaze.

We've played with them 3 or 4 times. Good guys, good tunes. Their vocalist used to be in Blood of Christ with our drummer... He's one fuckin BRUTAL growler. Lots of melodic riffs too...

But, in my opinion, they're missing that extra something that few bands have (which Vehemence had.)

http://www.heaven-ablaze.com

Still definately worth checking out, though.

I'd like to also second Quo Vadis, they're amazing...

I am having a hard time placing a vocalist for my next band, I’m looking for a unique style of vocals, not 24-7 screamer/growler, I want some raspy cleans too. For reference im looking into The Crown (old), Darkane, The Forsaken, Soilwork, Mike Patton stuff as well. The music will be all around melodic/tech although rockin & headbangin, some southern, with some touches of atmospheric. I am sure you Vehemence listeners will be pleased.

Good question, im not really sure there are some aspects i would like to keep, there is just a certain way i would like to compose that is not so straight forward, the song will tell a story as well as the vocals should. Which will bring out the skills and composition of the musicians full throttle. I still want to keep the heaviness, I think ill start out with what I have already created and just build up from there, I dont want anything to go to waste.