The Devil You Know

someone just told me they love the new song but can't wait to hear "The Greater of Three Evils" LMFAO!!!!! I have to admit... John on this song would some AMAZING, but still Joey did a fantastic job!

You are also very happy with Bushthrax sounding music, many are not. And I think you have a very hard time accepting that. Songs like The Devil You Know have put some concern into many old school Anthrax fans about the mind set and the direction of the band. I think many were hoping for a Thrash Metal album and not another Bushthrax sounding effort. But time will tell, I am sure there will be some more thrashy type material on the album.

Even that being said it's worrisome that they put out pop/rock sounding songs like this one. They seem to try and write these radio/rock songs and try to make hits instead of just not giving a fuck and going all out.

But it is what it is, I am sure you also enjoy Safe Home, Only and the other radio rock hits. Others don't. Thats just how it is, was, and will always be
Just shut the fuck up man. You seem to be a big Slayer fan so why don't you stop being butthurt and listen to bands that fill your thrash needs like them.

Just shut the fuck up man. You seem to be a big Slayer fan so why don't you stop being butthurt and listen to bands that fill your thrash needs like them.

6 posts on here? Hmm I wonder who you are lmao.

Yes I am a Slayer fan you are not? I do listen to bands that fill my thrash needs, Anthrax being on of them. You should listen to them sometime.

someone just told me they love the new song but can't wait to hear "The Greater of Three Evils" LMFAO!!!!! I have to admit... John on this song would some AMAZING, but still Joey did a fantastic job!

Yea because the Greater of 2 Evils was so amazing? That album was shit. It's almost hard to get through the entire album its so bad.

If John Bush sang on this song it would be another Safe Home power ballad. At least Joey singing on it gives it SOME resemblance to Anthrax of old. They can try all day to get a mainstream hit, sure it happened briefly with Only. But good luck this day in age. These guys need to not worry about big radio hits and just kick some ass. This song hopefully is the only radio/rock song on the album.

Yea because the Greater of 2 Evils was so amazing? That album was shit. It's almost hard to get through the entire album its so bad.

If John Bush sang on this song it would be another Safe Home power ballad. At least Joey singing on it gives it SOME resemblance to Anthrax of old. They can try all day to get a mainstream hit, sure it happened briefly with Only. But good luck this day in age. These guys need to not worry about big radio hits and just kick some ass. This song hopefully is the only radio/rock song on the album.

right... are you an Anthrax fan? or do you come from some other message board??? LOL

people on this board love to argue to argue.. whatever :fu:

excuses me... but who the fuck are you? honestly? yeah selling records and having people like your music is a bad thing.. your absolutely correct LMFAO

idiot

Excuses me? Hmm.....

Selling records fine, having people liking your music fine... creating music for the sole purpose of trying to be on the radio and create a 'hit single' is fucking pathetic. Leave that shit for hip hop bands, pop artists etc.

Iron Maiden haven't had a hit single in their entire career, slayer has never been played on the radio. They don't write songs to be radio hits, but their fans love them so much that they will always support them and appreciate them for remaining true to themselves and not trying to become some radio friendly pussy band.

I have yet to hear anything else from Worship music (besides Fight Em, which is decent until they added the pop chorus). But speaking about this song "The Devil You Know" they 100% wrote this song to be a 'single' and wrote it to try and get radio play. Usually bands that write songs for that purpose fail. Just as Anthrax has been doing the past 15 years. They tried changing their music to fit in with current trends. Tried changing their looks to be less metal and more grunge. Tried doing power ballads "Safe Home" but nothing seems to have worked.

What did work with Anthrax was putting out some of the best Thrash metal albums of all time. They didn't write songs for the radio, if they happened to get on the radio it was just natural. They have turned into a record label. They think of themselves as a mainstream rock business and not a metal band. They are trying everything they can to try and get some huge pop hit.

Am I less of an Anthrax fan because I don't like the non Thrash era of the band? Maybe? But I really don't give a shit and am not going anywhere. I still have faith that some of this new record will be excellent.

Scott is doing side projects with Fall out Boy members for fucks sake... are you kidding me?? Give me a fucking break. That should explain it all. And having Rob say he loves how this new single is like AC/DC is fucked. I don't want ACDC I want ANTHRAX!

I spoke to Billy Milano the other day and he was laughing out loud about the entire thing. It's sad to be honest.

You are also very happy with Bushthrax sounding music, many are not. And I think you have a very hard time accepting that. Songs like The Devil You Know have put some concern into many old school Anthrax fans about the mind set and the direction of the band. I think many were hoping for a Thrash Metal album and not another Bushthrax sounding effort. But time will tell, I am sure there will be some more thrashy type material on the album.

Even that being said it's worrisome that they put out pop/rock sounding songs like this one. They seem to try and write these radio/rock songs and try to make hits instead of just not giving a fuck and going all out.

But it is what it is, I am sure you also enjoy Safe Home, Only and the other radio rock hits. Others don't. Thats just how it is, was, and will always be

I'm an old school Anthrax fan and I like what I hear so far. It sounds different than Bushthrax to me (which is not bad imo). Funny how opinions are. Oh that's right, only yours are the right opinion. I keep forgetting that :tickled:

Dude...you're full of it, IMFan09

Just because something has a "radio friendly" chorus doesn't mean they were TRYING to be on the radio. Melody is a big part of music. People enjoy melody...and enjoy writing memorable songs that have melody. Not everyone farts into a microphone like Chris Barnes.

6 posts on here? Hmm I wonder who you are lmao.

Yes I am a Slayer fan you are not? I do listen to bands that fill my thrash needs, Anthrax being on of them. You should listen to them sometime.

I like them as well but is it weird that I like both eras of Anthrax. I enjoy songs like Safe Home and Only as much as I like Gung-Ho and Be all, End all?

I like them as well but is it weird that I like both eras of Anthrax. I enjoy songs like Safe Home and Only as much as I like Gung-Ho and Be all, End all?

Thats great you like songs like Safe Home, I find it disgusting that the same band who released Among The Living put out songs like that. But that's my opinion and you have yours. So be it. That doesn't mean I am ever going to stop stating my opinion no matter how many people bash me on here.

Thats great you like songs like Safe Home, I find it disgusting that the same band who released Among The Living put out songs like that. But that's my opinion and you have yours. So be it. That doesn't mean I am ever going to stop stating my opinion no matter how many people bash me on here.

I don't think anyone gives two shits about your opinions. I think they just don't like how you express negative statements on other's opinions. It's like your saying their's is wrong and yours is right.

Are you starting to realize now why that forum site you were talking about forming didn't come to fruition? :wave:

keep in mine IMF09 also likes these bands:

keep that in mind when he shoves his opinion down your throat, while telling you your opinions are wrong.

Cold album 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage is one of the best albums I have ever heard. They are not thrash metal, not even metal. But they are original, dark, and certainly not pop. If you think that song "End of The World" was a pop song I don't know what to tell you.

Max Cavalera is a legend and I love most of Soulfly's music, especially Dark Ages, Conquer, and Prophecy which you haven't even heard!

Hed Pe, I liked their latest album thats about it.

Big fucking deal.

All of that shit is much more credible than "Safe Home" or "A Toast To Extras" believe me! :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I, myself started to be fed up with how the guys kept on trying to write hits, but fail to 'hit' anything.

That was then..this is now..listening to the 2 GREAT songs, i am happy with the way it sounds. Some are saying that TDYK suits Bush style of ANTHRAX, but listening to it, it is clear that JOEY would have made the other songs better!!
TDYK has a poppy sound, but JOEY manage to take it to a new level and i'm not going to tie in any BUSH related comments, because it's all in the past!!

So, yeah i preferred JOEY and can't wait for the new album!!

Cold album 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage is one of the best albums I have ever heard. They are not thrash metal, not even metal. But they are original, dark, and certainly not pop. If you think that song "End of The World" was a pop song I don't know what to tell you.

All of that shit is much more credible than "Safe Home" or "A Toast To Extras" believe me! :D:D

Its almost a pop song. A band like Cold will always be way more radio friendly than Anthrax will ever be. To me Cold sounds like a band fans of Nickelback, Evanescence and Disturbed would enjoy.