The Economics Thread

I really don't think a regional currency for North America qualifies as a conspiracy theory anymore tbh, unless it's just because of who was talking about it years ago.
It's been getting whispered about along with the demands for a new world "reserve currency" in MSM, which is pretty much just a stepping stone to a world currency.

That's laughable. Calling the NAU and Amero a conspiracy theory is akin to saying the world is flat.

I found the use of bubble-looking things on that map somewhat amusing given the nature of a certain very significant sector of our economy for the past few years. I wonder if that's why they chose that particular form of representation. :heh:

125839464fascistdnc.jpg

What really pisses me off is the SCOTUS decision about the secured debtholders of Chrysler and how they basically got the shaft in favor of the UAW's retiree health care obligations.

The UAW is nothing but greedy, period.

Russia may swap US Treasuries for IMF debt

Russia may switch some of its reserves from U.S. Treasuries to International Monetary Fund bonds, the central bank said today. The comment drove Treasuries and the dollar lower.

Alexei Ulyukayev, first deputy chairman of Russia’s central bank, said some reserves may be moved from Treasuries into IMF debt, reiterating comments made last month by Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin. Ulyukayev’s remarks were confirmed by a Bank Rossii official who declined to be named, citing bank policy.

Treasuries fell, pushing 10-year yields toward the highest level in seven months, in response to Ulyukayev’s statement. The dollar fell against the euro on speculation that Russia will reduce its holdings of U.S. debt.

About 30 percent of Russia’s international reserves, which stood at $401.1 billion on May 29, are currently held in Treasuries, Ulyukayev said. Kudrin said on May 26 that Russia planned to buy $10 billion of IMF bonds using money from its foreign reserves.

The IMF securities would give countries a different way to contribute to the fund and are unlike traditional bonds because they pay an interest rate pegged to the IMF’s basket of currencies, known as Special Drawing Rights.

China is expected to buy as much as $50 billion of the bonds, IMF Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn said yesterday.

The IMF, which has rescued economies from Pakistan to Iceland in the past year, has never issued bonds before and is seeking more cash to finance loans and aid to member countries during the worst economic slump in the fund’s 64-year history.

Here comes the impending dollar crash! I'm going to love paying 30 bucks for a loaf of bread

I love how week after week we are having new six-digit jobless claims, but they make a big deal about how it "went down 20-30k". Well no shit it's going down some, there are less jobs left to axe now compared to 3-4 months ago.