The End Records, Novembers Doom & CNN...

you will either have to pay for a slot like that or have to get really lucky when the orga likes your band i guess.

Obviously we would love to play Graspop or any of those big Euro metal fests. But again I don't know if you guys really realise how this stuff works. It's not as simple as us deciding "yeah we want to play Graspop" and contacting the promoter to say "put us on there." If only it were that easy!! lol

Those fests usually have long lists of bands that are interested and willing to play, and the bands are chosen by the promoters in terms of popularity and drawing power, as well as things like costs, etc., and if the band or their management happen to have any connections to these people, that definitely helps as well.

Honestly, I've said this a zillion and a half times on this forum, but I'll say it again....if you guys want to see us on a festival bill or something, the absolute BEST THING you can do for us is to find out how you can contact the promoters and LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT US! Telling us you want to see us at Graspop or New England Metal fest or whatever, will not help us get it done. If the fans let the promoters know that they want us to play, and that they'll buy a ticket and attend if we're added to the bill, then it greatly advances our chances of getting asked to be on the bill. Send them emails, go to their websites and sign their guestbooks, or their Myspace pages, etc etc., and let them know you want Novembers Doom on the bill next year. Because unless they hear from people that are interested in seeing us there, they'll just presume that noone is interested in us. Fan feedback and support is so important, but it has to be directed towards the people who make the decisions to book us.

So seriously guys, if you are able and have the means to let these promoters know that you think ND should be considered for their fests or shows, go for it!! We'll be very grateful.

No no, now don't take what I said to an opposite extreme! I didn't say we'll never tour, as you can see we did a tour of Europe last November, and we have our mini jaunt coming up in a few weeks with Saturnus and Thurisaz. We're already looking into the possibility of getting back to Europe and maybe even other areas like Canada too, as well as more gigs here in the U.S. We WILL be onstage this year for sure, just don't expect to see us doing long bouts of touring, that's all.
well I just mean that it seemed you were saying that eventually it will take its toll and not do it as much, guess not. none the less if it ever gets to that point, not a bad thing.

as a fan i just wanna hear the music and have that intimate interaction with the band one way or another.

also a Nevermore/ND show would rule.

Man I'd love to tour with Nevermore, I think we'd actually be a cool fit with them. I'd be happy even just playing a show or two with them. I was just talking with someone else earlier today about that exact thing. We're all fans of Nevermore and I think our crowd and their crowd would mesh well. Maybe someday if we're lucky, who knows?

That would indeed be fan-fucking-tastic! One for the books...:headbang: