The End Records

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I would like some feedback on some of the Artists at The End Records. Such as Arcturus, Winds, Green Carnation, and so on. I live in Kansas, so I know nobody else into this stuff. I have read reviews on all of them, but a little more feedback from fans would be great. THANKS.

Green Carnation is awesome - and it's a bastard to make it into an MP3 so when you hear samples, you'll never get the 'overall' picture since the whole track/album contains so much.

Sleepless is good - it's very ambient. It's a smoking album if you know what I mean, heh.

The Omega is the best on-line CD store too. It sells The End Records sampler CDs at $2 each so you can't go wrong. And it's free shipping (if you live in the US).

Thanks everybody. . . but what makes Agalloch and Green Carnation so great. Also, what about Arcturus. I've heard a lot of good stuff about them. Give me a reason to buy these albums.

i cant talk about the others because i dont know them (i'm looking information right now), but Arcturus is brillant.

They are like the Mr. Bungle of Black Metal, they mix black, classical, doom parts, electronic music (not dance at all), in one album they put semi-rap vocals, but all is very consistant. They are great.

I recomend Solefald for anyone who liked something of the wildest Arcturus. they kick ass too.

The End is as far as I know a record label that signs good bands, but also a mailorder that sells all kinds of metal.

Their best bands are in my opinion Winds and Arcturus. Green Carnation is somewhat cool too, but I'm kind of a demanding listener so not everything there flies with me, but these two first mentioned bands are quality all the way through.

Highly recommended!! What makes these two bands different from all the other bands out there is that the musicians are so great, they basically park everyone else far behind and say, ""hey this is how it's done guys!!!!""

The melodies are tastefully selected and you can hear the writers have had musical schooling for sure.

Originally posted by npearce
I just ordered the latest releases from Arcturus, Green Carnation, and Agalloch. I'll let you know what I think.

How could you buy those albums without buying Winds and Virgin Black??????????? They are even better than the last two.

I just ordered Agalloch's Of Stone, Wind and Pillor. I already have Pale Folklore and love it. I just wanted this CD before the new one comes out in a few months.

Also, PRIMORDIAL is coming out with a new album next onth. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Like so many others here I would definately recommend Agalloch. They play a very dark, cold, melodic form of metal blending both clean and grim vocals. ‘Pale Folklore’ and ‘Of Stone Wind and Pillor’ are both masterpieces but just wait until you hear ‘The Mantle’, it is incredible! It left me speechless the first time I heard it and has not left my CD player for the past couple weeks.

No one seems to be saying much about Sculptured so I will throw in my two cents worth. I have found them to be one of the best and most unique bands on The End. Don Anderson has an unusual way of writing music that makes you have to really listen to it a couple times before you can truly start to absorb and appreciate everything that is going on. Amazing to think that Agalloch and Sculptured share three of the same members yet sound so completely different.

Arcturus, Green Carnation and Love History are a few more excellent bands on the label although I have heard Love History is no longer together.

I am another happy customer (and quasi-volunteer) of TER. I agree with all the statements made

It wouldn't be wrong to say that The End Records is the Peaceville label (early 1990s) of the new decade, although Peaceville didn't have the strength of the Omega to their credit.