The extremely official Tuska 2007 thread.

I'm just back from Tuska, that was a real butchery :kickass: Nice weather and killer COB gig! But no new song, and Alexi thrown his poor Saw Tooth ESP at the end of Everytime I Die :erk:

Only bad point for me was some hysterical 150kg Immortal fangirl screaming like a bear in rut, hitting and scratching everyone around during Immortal gig :lol:

Bodom saved my trip, it was worth it only because of their gig and maybe Turisas. Some observations:

- Alexi got bottled or thrown something at (I didn't see what or where he was hit)...Alexi shouts "Haista vittu" (fuck you) in the middle and after the song. He also made the crowd chant "Haista vittu" at the thrower, if I remember correctly. Alexi also threatened to get the thrower up to the stage so he could take a better shot right to his [Alexi's] head. Way to take a revenge :D I could see Alexi's reaction to the incident and he looked shocked and extremely pissed afterwards. I hope the thrower got mugged and trampled to death, what a stupid asshole :mad:

- Alexi told he had a bad day, but that one very special thing saved the day for him. At this point someone from the audience interjects by shouting "JANNE!" :D Alexi laughs and says, that indeed Janne too helped to save his day, but that the Tuska gig was the main thing.

- Alexi thanked some people who had spent the evening before the gig at lake Bodom or something like that, I did'nt hear all of what he said.

- The stage setting was new or at least different from the DVD. There was a "bar" in one corner and a bridge thingy in the back where they could climb. The guys had a funny act to go with the bar. I love this kind of funny extra stuff they do on stage :)

- There's going to be a Tuska DVD with Bodom on it of course.
- Alexi's new pink (or is it purple?) guitar is maybe the coolest thing ever.
- Mask of Sanity played in Finland.

- Janne had two keyboards at two locations on the stage. The other one was in the usual place and the other one on top of the aforementioned bridge.
- Alexi threw one of his guitar to the ground. Looked bad (poor axe). No idea why.... Maybe he was still pissed about the bottle throwing.
- Alexi has very, very charismatic stage presence. I saw them last time years ago and he certainly has become a real rock star during that time.
- Roope is god.
- Turisas was great. The Viking theme and the Varangian way story makes an interesting basis for a show. Imo, Turisas should have been on the main stage instead of penguin boys, aka Immortal. This was the first Turisas gig in Finland for 2 years.
- The sound was not very good on the main stage. Maybe because of the wind or something. I got a good spot near Roope on the right side, I was not wearing ear plugs and still the sound was a mess from time to time. Couldn't hear much of Alexi's playing for example.
- I almost lost my hearing when Alexi took of his T-shirt and all the fangirls started screaming...

Can't remember the setlist, I was too carried away by the show :headbang: There was Mask of Sanity, Sixpounder, Needled 24/7, Hate Me, Bodom Beach Terror, Are you dead yet, Angels don't Kill, Everytime I Die, Downfall + maybe Follow the Reaper and some others. They did 1 or 2 medleys so it's even harder to remember all they played.

penguin boys, aka Immortal.

:lol:

Here are the songs I remember they played (not in exact order) :
Hate Me!, Children Of Decadance, Chokehold, Needled 24/7, Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet?, Angels Don't Kill, Sixpounder, In Your Face, Mask Of Sanity/Deadnight Warrior, Bodom Beach Terror, Children Of Bodom, Everytime I Die, Downfall

Voi nyt vitun vitun vittu kun vituttaa.Olis pitäny raapia jostain rahaa ja mennä, oli kuulemma todella hyvä keikka...Kuulin huhuja pususessioista ala alexi&janne SEKÄ Jaska&Henkka. Ja minä en ollut näkemässä...No, toivottavasti vetävät Ruisrockissa hyvin (onko muuten edes mahdollista että vetäisivät keikkansa huonosti?)

Muuten, soittivatko uusia biisejä?

(Sorry, too tired to write in english)

Voi nyt vitun vitun vittu kun vituttaa.Olis pitäny raapia jostain rahaa ja mennä, oli kuulemma todella hyvä keikka...Kuulin huhuja pususessioista ala alexi&janne SEKÄ Jaska&Henkka. Ja minä en ollut näkemässä...No, toivottavasti vetävät Ruisrockissa hyvin (onko muuten edes mahdollista että vetäisivät keikkansa huonosti?)

Muuten, soittivatko uusia biisejä?

(Sorry, too tired to write in english)

No new song, nope

And Ruisrock is gonna be a real blast!!! I wish I could go there too :cry:

@Celeb, heh I think I know in which other message board you are in....I lurk there some times too :) .

Alexi was hinting about new stage setting on the radio on Thursday, so I was expecting that. It would be nice to know why Alexi throw his guitar...

Here is everything that I remember about Tuska:

COB's gig was really awesome. Only bad thing was the main stage's guitar sound, which effected that every band's solos sounded like shit. But anyway, the performance went great.

Alexi asked from the crowd which one is the cutest couple of Children of Bodom: Henkka and Jaska or him and Janne. Crowd just screamed and anybody couldn't find out which one was the right answer.

There was also some stupid idiots who throwed bottles to the stage whole day. Alexi was hitted during the Sixpounder solo and at the end of the song when Henkka and Roope singed "six six six pounder!" Alexi screamed "six six si.. HAIST VITTU!!! (fuck you). I personally think that those stupid thrower motherfuckers could just fuck off and die.

After first song Alexi said something like: "Hi! How are you doing Tuska? I must say that I had a fucking bad feeling at the morning, but something, something very special saved my day, do you know what that could be?" Then crowd screamed things like "booze", "Janne" and "Immortal". Alexi laughed and said something like "Janne! Haha! Of course Janne, he always saves the day!"

There was a moshpit near the stage and I was next to it. Somebody fell over me and his burning cigarette hit my face.

At the beginning of the show, when the band came to stage, they went to sit to the bar set. They just sit there and drinked, and the crowd screamed things like "come to play metal, you fucking drunken bums!!" Then they "noticed" that hey, there is some festival, maybe we should play something. Then they grapped their instruments and started Hate Me!.

After Everytime I Die all the band members excpect Alexi went to the "bar" again. Alexi asked from the crowd "Do you wanna hear some more?? Then we have to ask Janne if he accede to play something for us. Come on, scream something and he'll come back!" Then the crowd screamed but Janne just drinked booze. Alexi said "Hey stupid motherfuckers, scream louder, he can't hear you. Scream his name!" Then the crowd started to shout "JANNE!! JANNE!! JANNE!!!". Janne still drinked. Then Alexi screamed to the microphone: "COME HERE TO PLAY SOME FUCKING METAL YOU STUPID, DEAF, DRUNKEN, ALCOHOLIC MOTHERFUCKER!!!!" Janne laughed and came to start Downfall.

wow they're really doing some cool stage theatrics these days huh. as cheesy as it sounds that whole bar thing and everything else they did sounds pretty fucking cool and really mixes it up. i hope they do something like that on later tours.

i was there...i got squashed coz i was in the front 3rd row!!! Alexi used pink guitar on downfall. Setlist was same as Graspop hellfest and all those. Show kicked ass. Alexi was bitter though and someone threw beer can at him. I hit one guy hard,got camera in my head,got pushed around like fuck,got hit in the head with some spike collars. Immortal kicked ass too!