The Fathomless Mastery Reviews - What do you think about it?

Process of Disilluminatino, Treasonous, Earthrot.
a lot of other songs have promise but I agree with Tumn. The cd gets better with each listen.
Like most of you I prefer UTP but this album is easily a success. But its not as good as Rust in Peace, Megadeth.

I've found after quite a number of listens that The Fathomless Mastery was the album I didn't know I wanted from Bloodbath.

Thanks for writing that, i can agree with that. I missed the album entirely. Heard nothing about the release, while beeing busy. So yesterday I was checking some cds out in a store and saw it. At first i could not believe that i missed the anouncement of a new Bloodbath album. With shaking hands i played the first track in the store and took it home. While in the car i disliked the sound very much, but when i arrived home and could take my headphones i was blown away.
Thank you very much Blakkheim & Co. And now get to work with Katatonia :headbang:

Fav Tracks:
Mock the Cross, treasonous, iesous, drink from the cup of heresy

Oh and Ranking:
easily
RTC, TFM, UTP, BD, NMF (yeah thats what i have to say about Tägtgren stabbed screamin...no offence)

I also must say I still fully stand by my original opinion, still love the fucking thing just as much as I did from the very start, every single time I play it (which is a lot) I wanna fucking destroy stuff. It struck me once again this morning just how damn good & fitting the sound is, absolutely crushing. By far their best album yet.

I like the album, most awesome tracks are:

At the behest of their death, Slaughtering the will to live, Mock the cross, Iesous and Treasonous.

But I have to admit, there are some fillers on that record like Drink from the cup of heresy or Earthrot. These are not bad songs, maybe I have to listen to it a few more times.

And I think the vocals turned out much better on UTP, on TFM they´re going under sometimes.

I didn't realise the album was released in September. God I was slow on picking this up hahahaha.

This album has obviously had a lot more invested in it than previous efforts, with some incredible songwriting and pace changes, but I just can't really get into this like the others. The modern death metal, almost random, riffing I find hard to follow, and for one of the greatest vocalists of all time, it may as well be any gutteral voice there. Mikael's worst performance, clearly. OK, this is a great technical death metal album, but it leaves me cold. What do I hold onto, where is my reference point? What does it MEAN?

A good album, but not what I expected or hoped for. It's a bit too fancy pants.

Althought now I'm starting to really like this album, with repeated listenings. I think the anti-christian thing gives it a philosophical grounding that works really well. And the composition and execution is hard to beat. It's a fucking impressive piece of work. I'm definitely more impressed than I was a week ago.

reviews at metal archives usually sucks, don't trust them at all!!!! most of the reviewers there try so hard to write something meaningful and most of them usually fail miserably.

DONT! :p

Yeah I'm pretty much starting to ignore negative reviews there, bunch of preconceptionists.

But it still pisses me off from time to time to see good bands as Bloodbath, Opeth and Hypocrisy with shit medians.