The Fathomless Mastery Reviews - What do you think about it?

it would be nice to hear some more in depth views before we get 50 pages of oneliners from you and your adapted minions.

I know this is from the beginning of the thread and I'm not looking to start any fights (even if they're only online :p), but really, fuck off. "adapted minions"? It's rather tiring to be accused of imitating someone else just because not all posts are in-depth analyses or don't consist of several paragraphs. I suggest you take that stick out of your ass, it's starting to affect your judgement.

I told you part of my opinion, I don't agree on Devouring the Feeble and Slaughtering the Will to Live, I don't think about modern Death Metal, I just think Modern Bloodbath with lots of groove, 70/100 is tooooo low, I said that already.

I'd give this album 90% minimum.

Btw, Any opinions on my review on metal-archives or did you all just say "screw it"? :p
First of all, it's well written, but I really don't understand/hear a lot of things you seem to hear. For example, I sometimes get the idea you are so afraid of 'modern' influences that you start to hear them even if they're not there. Because apart from the production (which can only be called 'modern' for being up to modern quality standards) I hear noting particularly 'modern' on this album. For me this album sounds as death metal as death metal can be, sick and twisted, but with clearly more musicallity and sophistication/dynamics than the vast majority of bands. But that's hardly surprising with such talented musicians writing the music.

Also about the vocals, they're just as great and awesome as they were on the EP. Nothing new or different on TFM compared to UTP there either. He sings just as sick, deep and guttural on the album as he did on the EP i.m.o.

This album is definitely a 90/100 for me, possibly even more.

My 2 cents :)

You gotta love the last two minutes of Hades Rising. So doomish.

Aww..To hell with it, you gotta love the whole song and the album and the holy ghost! :kickass:

I read it Stefan, nice writeup. i agree with some of it.

But this..

"Devouring The Feeble", for instance, mixes a few actual Death Metal sections with what mostly sounds like groovy Opeth reject riffs. This reminds me of Metallica's "Death Magnetic" more than anything else. Let's put all we got in a mixer and see what comes out? Well, guess what? It's a mess. How surprising.

Devouring The Feeble a mess?! :err:
I fint it to be one of the most fluent tracks on the album, the riffs in this tracks fit eachother like a glove.
Compared to Hades Rising and Earthrot DTF flows like the mississippi river.

-----

sir schwanzelot: Guess I struck a nerve huh? Im sorry.
"UTP is my least favourite release though"... I should put my stick through your damn keyboard. ;)

I read it Stefan, nice writeup. i agree with some of it.

But this..

Devouring The Feeble a mess?! :err:
I fint it to be one of the most fluent tracks on the album, the riffs in this tracks fit eachother like a glove.
Compared to Hades Rising and Earthrot DTF flows like the mississippi river.

I just think it's a really dull track, especially the Opeth/groove riff. Compared to older Bloodbath it's barely DM.