The Fathomless Mastery Reviews - What do you think about it?

I came across your review, I can see where you're coming from. Morbid Angel is one of my favorite DM bands so therefore I like the record a little more. As far as the Meshuggah thing, I think it can be taken whatever way you want. Those elements that are said to be Meshaggah-ish are also present in a lot of death metal. I don't think sounding like Meshuggah was what they were going for obviously. I'd give this record 80/100.

I dunno, I'm against the review inflation going on so I give lower grades generally. If an album gets 85%+ from me, its fucking awesome. I gotta fix my reviews though. Some gay ones circulating in my list.

Do people think Bloodbath is still lacking groove now that Dan Swano is gone? Hehe.

"The exception being the quite successful "Iesous". Bloodbath go all into Meshuggah mode on this one with modern riffs"

That song didn't remind me of Meshuggah at all, only now that I read it, but I'm ok with that, what did remind me was the solo part in Devouring the Feeble, starting at 02m03s.

It does in the sense that it's kinda off beat methinks. It's definitely a successful experimentation. There's two kinds of groove. Good oldschool Death/Thrash groove. See: Kreator, Slayer, Death, Entombed, Dismember. Horrible modern cringeworthy poo groove. See: Pantera, Machine Head, Soilwork, Gojira.

:lol: You definitely have a unique taste.

But from the poo groove list Gojira is the only band I like, Machine Head is cool to remind me of childhood times, I never liked Pantera and Soilwork, even as a kid, only a few songs, but it never "touched my soul".

I must say Iesous is just getting sexier and sexier though. It's very good for being as modern as it. Maybe not a good song for a live gig, but on the album it smokes.

Listening to it right now, it's very ziggy nice, I'm just glad I like Meshuggah and you didn't ruin the song for me :lol:

Great for live performance are Wretched Human Mirror, Hades Rising and Treasonous, the brutality, groove and lyrics man, it would devastate.

I'd say Behest, Hades and Treasonous would destroy. Hail Anders I guess, hah :lol: I've actually started to like Meshuggah more in recent days, just learned to appreciate them for what it is.

Yeah me too, a friend of mine made fun of them for playing two notes all the time and it kinda hit me badly and I couldn't enjoy it much.

But now time has passed and I'm getting into them again, best album is I, that one I never stopped liking.