The Football Thread!

Wow, Juventus got smothered. They're not at their best either right now, but who would have thought that?! Kudos to Jörg Butt for having the guts to take that penalty. I really like that guy.

Would have been great if Wolfsburg would have made it too.

Wolfsburs got SMASHED by MICHEAL OWEN!!!
Damn this dude is back on track, he played like a young god :)
I´m sure he will be a part of englands WM-team you just cant overlook this great player!!!

Didnt see Turin- Munich but congrats to all munich fans!!!

Butt is a hell of a dude:)
He did all penalties when he was the Goal-keeper in Hamburg:)
The full stadium screamed his name: BUTT BUTT BUTT BUTT BUTT

Yeah, he's the goalie with the most goals in Buli history... or even worldwide.

Edit: No, worldwide it's actually Sao Paulo's legendary Rogerio Ceni.

Yeah, he's the goalie with the most goals in Buli history... or even worldwide.
Edit: No, worldwide it's actually Sao Paulo's legendary Rogerio Ceni.

Hell yeah! 85 and still counting. The guy is a sniper. This week he scored this free kick goal. There´s a hilarious double middle finger at 0:16. Gotta love live transmission.

Last edited by a moderator:
BAYERN! BAYERN! BAYERN! :)

What a great match! They are back finally. The last month were pretty hard, but this compensated all.

Kudos to Jörg Butt for having the guts to take that penalty. I really like that guy.

+10000

He´s my hero. My heart stood still, as I realized, HE will shoot the penalty. The man has got the balls, in an ambiguous way :lol:

Bayern !
That match was like what the CL is all about. The 1:0 was like a kick in the balls and I thought "Oh, not again". But the team came back in a great manner and they played their best match this season.
Cannot wait for after the Winter break when Ribery and Robben can finally play together.

Hopefuly they are going to play together after the winter break, but we all know that a lot of clubs want Ribery (Chelsea made a offer for the winter about 50million euro)

But it would be great for the BULI (german leauge) if this great players will play together :)

I hope all the "stars" in Hamburg will come back soon.
Petric is fit, but I miss Ze Roberto, Guerreo, Silva, Castelen, Benjamin, Reinhardt, and so many more!!!!

Hopefully Mr. Vaart (fart :) ) is comming back this winter
Hamburg needs to play in the champions leauge next season!!!!

what did everyone make of the champions league draw?

i somehow knew we'd get inter, united would get ac, and arsenal porto. uefa is getting so predictable with these "draws".

anyway, cynicsm aside my flights to milan are booked up for 23rd - 25th of February. if any of you guys are in or near milan, im sure ill be found in one of the irish bars.

on that note - is there anywhere particularly good to go drinking in milan? any big squares etc? with football trips irish bars are a standard proceedure, so would be good to know which are the good ones to go to!

So next round we get Juventus in the Europe League.
Yesterday we had to play against a 4th division club, for the National Cup (not Championship). This club has gotten to this round miraculously.
Now it was a fun night cause Ajax knew what had to be done. ... 14-1! Haha...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday was fucking frustrating!!!!!
Ajax - Juventus 1-2

Juventus didn't even got more changes then the 2 headers from Amauri.
Ajax dominated, but then on a typical Italian style Juventus won....
We deserved a penalty, didn't get it, we had a shot on goal which hit the woodwork, we got called back on an offside which wasn't there....just a typical unlucky evening...arghh

Btw. guys..Bayern is doing great! Love how they start to play now, it's a typical van Gaal system on what they're playing now.

Bye bye dickhead :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cristiano-ronaldo.jpg

:danceboy:

It's nice to see that all the money in the world still can't guaranty unlimited success when the overall concept is lacklustre.

Madrid didn't learn so much from their first "Galactico"-era.

-----------

Some big, fundamental changes about to happen in Europe's football throughout the next years with the FIFA making it mandatory that income and expenses finally have to be balanced.

For decades, foreign clubs and fans used to laugh about the extremely tight licensing requirements of our German Bundesliga, making it very hard for our clubs to stay competitive on the highest international level.

And to be fair, we looked over the boarders, envious about Primera Division, Premier League and Serie A clubs being able to sign and hold the best of the best.

But now, the FC Bayern is basically the only European top club that's not knee-deep in debt. Our whole league is on a very secure financial footing.

But it's not all spitefulness, I think it's actually very sad to see some of the clubs with the biggest traditions (especially in the Premier League) being at the mercy of obscure investors who have no historical connection to the clubs whatsoever and treat them like their toys.

And like toys they just throw 'em away and get a new one if they're tired of them.

Yeah!!!! This was a great evening.

@slashvanyoung : Even with the transfer of Ronaldo, ManUtd is now struggling...I mean..what?!?! Ajax was doing great financially until about a month ago. A 10 million debt.. But this will again be cleared at the end of the season due to certain competitions & european games that were played. The last 3 years Ajax has worked with a Champions League budget, playing in the Europa League. Now that's killing. So Champions League now has to be reached. And as it continues like it does now..we hopefully get it.

When we restarted the competition after a small break in January, Ajax was 3rd trailing behind Twente (9 points) en PSV (12 points). Twente is now on 6 points and PSV on 4 points. Upcoming sunday we've got the game against PSV. PSV & Twente still need to meet. PSV & Twente still need to meet Feyenoord (nr 4) and also AZ (champion last year).
We allready have had all the matches against AZ, Feyenoord, Twente..

I'm still praying for that 3rd start on our jersey ( 30x champions of Holland )..we've been stuck on 29 now for 5 years, and that feeling sucks!

This day, it's the day to support Olympique de marseille vs benfica lisbonne !! lyon has done yesterday, so it's time to marseille to show who's the best !!

I'm an olympique de marseille fan since the 90's !

Allez l'om !