The funny but offensive picture thread

Basically, native Americans are Mongolians and Laplanders from thousands of years ago. So in effect, a true native American doesn't exist...it's heritage lies somewhere else, LOL!

If you want to make that point, then no one has a 'true' heritage as that semantic concept would just stretch back to Africa (and to be technically true, prior to that...to the point where we just turn human). Of course...that's just fallacious (more specifically: secundum quid et simpliciter; there are others though.)

No, instead I'll stick with the notion that heritage is merely a synonym for another word: tradition.

also, this is the funniest thing I could find on the net :cry:

28409982.sickchild4rs.jpg

If you want to make that point, then no one has a 'true' heritage as that semantic concept would just stretch back to Africa (and to be technically true, prior to that...to the point where we just turn human). Of course...that's just fallacious (more specifically: secundum quid et simpliciter; there are others though.)

No, instead I'll stick with the notion that heritage is merely a synonym for another word: tradition.

As I was writing my reply, I considered that because it's all semantics anyway. If we wanted to be really anal, we could say we're all just a bunch of austrolopithecines (sp?), but in doing that we would be insulting ourselves, :loco:.

I like the idea of referring to descendancy as tradition, and native Americans have, IMO, the most dedicated and authentic traditions over most other nationalities, races, etc. Send an Italian from Brooklyn to Italy and see how many people laugh at him when he starts blathering on about how Italian he/she is. The same goes for the Irish, Scottish, German, etc. However, the Finns are pretty true to their native heritage, IMO. They have not just a respect for their history but incorporate bits of it in their daily lives. It's really cool, if you ask me. I can't wait to visit Finland.

I got Native American blood, and I'm proud of that, I'm proud to be Quebecois, I'm proud of my relative, I'm proud of etc. But now,that's sad, Native American here are nowhere near there tradition...

... native Americans have, IMO, the most dedicated and authentic traditions over most other nationalities, races, etc. ...
Exactly what is the basis of that statement? Have you studied all other cultures along with the traditions/ethics they're associated with to come to that conclusion?

the Finns are pretty true to their native heritage, IMO. They have not just a respect for their history but incorporate bits of it in their daily lives. It's really cool, if you ask me. I can't wait to visit Finland.
Me either. Its a very nice place. :kickass:

Exactly what is the basis of that statement? Have you studied all other cultures along with the traditions/ethics they're associated with to come to that conclusion?

Me either. Its a very nice place. :kickass:

Studied, no. Been exposed to...yes. I've been all around the world and most cultures have all but forgotten their past, except for an excuse to party or have a day off of work. I probably shouldn't say that native Americans are more authentic and true to form than X culture because I don't belong to said culture. What I'm saying is that from an outsider's point of view, not much seems to have changed in some places with native Americans. But then again the same could be said for Arabs.

Is that Italian born in Brooklyn or born in Italy?

If you're born in Brooklyn, then you're not Italian, are you? :)

Stupidest post ever.

Explain to me how you are an Italian citizen if you're born in Brooklyn and have no immediate family in Italy?

I don't give a shit if your great-great-great-great grandfather came over on a boat to the US. I don't care if you Americanize every Italian phrase or food to the point where it's not Italian anymore just because you watch the Sopranos. If you don't speak Italian, you don't live in Italy, you've never been there, and you don't have family there, YOU ARE NOT ITALIAN. YOU ARE AMERICAN WITH ITALIAN ROOTS.

Get over it.

I just realized my offensive picture is missing, here's another to make up for it.

I hope you all like Gronibard:
gronibard_1.jpg

Explain to me how you are an Italian citizen if you're born in Brooklyn and have no immediate family in Italy?

I don't give a shit if your great-great-great-great grandfather came over on a boat to the US. I don't care if you Americanize every Italian phrase or food to the point where it's not Italian anymore just because you watch the Sopranos. If you don't speak Italian, you don't live in Italy, you've never been there, and you don't have family there, YOU ARE NOT ITALIAN. YOU ARE AMERICAN WITH ITALIAN ROOTS.

Get over it.

True, I was born in Rome, My Dad is Italian, my Mum is Half Italian/English, I now live in England. I would consider myself Italian, even though I have a Quarter English in me. The fact I was born there, and am 3/4s to me speaks for itself.