The funny but offensive picture thread

HURRRR.jpg

What exactly makes him UNcool?

native Americans have, IMO, the most dedicated and authentic traditions over most other nationalities, races, etc.
How can you say that when they all have different traditions and cultures depending on their tribe?

the Finns are pretty true to their native heritage, IMO. They have not just a respect for their history but incorporate bits of it in their daily lives. It's really cool, if you ask me. I can't wait to visit Finland.
Finland was created in 1917, exactly how much history do they have?

True, I was born in Rome, My Dad is Italian, my Mum is Half Italian/English, I now live in England. I would consider myself Italian, even though I have a Quarter English in me. The fact I was born there, and am 3/4s to me speaks for itself.

Exactly. I don't know what the big deal is and why everyone feels so alienated to be told that they're not of a certain nationality when (gasp!)...they're not.

How can you say that when they all have different traditions and cultures depending on their tribe?

Finland was created in 1917, exactly how much history do they have?

If you notice, I said most. Yes, each tribe is different, which is why (for me, at least) it's so interesting. My ancestors were Blackfoot Indian from Louisiana...but I don't go around saying I'm Native American. It doesn't even register with me...some great-great-great-great grandmother was full-blooded Blackfoot, which makes me absolutely nothing. It's an opinion, not a fact. IN MY OPINION, I feel that the Native Americans keep alive their traditions moreso than many other ancient cultures. That's all I'm saying. Amon Amarth may claim to be Vikings, but I guarantee you that they live with indoor plumbing. Some Native Americans don't, and sometimes it's not by choice...it's just how it is. Nothing against AA, by the way, as I love those guys. I'm just using an example.

As far as your Finland comment goes, are you saying that in 1917 there was this mass exodus of Russian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian people from their homelands to make up the population of Finland? Did they simply grow Finnish people in a field somewhere? Are you absolutely sure that there were no Laplanders there as well? So according to your statement, the entire country of Finland was inhabited by no one since the beginning of time.

The fact is, I don't give a shit when Finland became a name...I'm referring to their ancient culture, which I know little of...I won't pretend that I know more than I do. But again, from an outsider looking in, it seems very interesting and removed from the other Scandinavian countries. I would like to learn more about it. I've always been fascinated with Scandinavia as a whole anyway.

As far as your Finland comment goes, are you saying that in 1917 there was this mass exodus of Russian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian people from their homelands to make up the population of Finland? Did they simply grow Finnish people in a field somewhere? Are you absolutely sure that there were no Laplanders there as well? So according to your statement, the entire country of Finland was inhabited by no one since the beginning of time.

The fact is, I don't give a shit when Finland became a name...I'm referring to their ancient culture, which I know little of...I won't pretend that I know more than I do. But again, from an outsider looking in, it seems very interesting and removed from the other Scandinavian countries. I would like to learn more about it. I've always been fascinated with Scandinavia as a whole anyway.
I don't think there are many people in Finland with Danish and Norwegian ancestors. The Finnish people are basically a mix of Swedes, Russians, Samis and Ugric peoples (that don't really exist anymore, there are just some traits ot be found in the Finns, most notably their language). Finland seems very removed from Scandinavian countries because it's not a Scandinavian country. Not linguistically, not culturally, not historically and not genetically. The word "Finn" existed before Finland, but then it was used to refer to Samis, and we can't claim that the Finns of today are particularly related to the Samis (or Lapplanders if you wish).

I don't think there are many people in Finland with Danish and Norwegian ancestors. The Finnish people are basically a mix of Swedes, Russians, Samis and Ugric peoples (that don't really exist anymore, there are just some traits ot be found in the Finns, most notably their language). Finland seems very removed from Scandinavian countries because it's not a Scandinavian country. Not linguistically, not culturally, not historically and not genetically. The word "Finn" existed before Finland, but then it was used to refer to Samis, and we can't claim that the Finns of today are particularly related to the Samis (or Lapplanders if you wish).

Interesting! Please, continue because I'm culturally retarded when it comes to Finland...actually I'm just retarded, :lol:.