The Fury of the Norsemen

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
It's also estimated that Christians killed around 5 million people after they "Discovered" America.

Native Americans and Aztec's etc. were slaughtered in their thousands for not believing in God, It's also believed that stories of Ritualistic Human sacrifices by Aztecs, was invented by Christians to make them appear as savages.

I'll freely admit I'm not very well versed on the age of exploration, but my understanding is that so much of the death of the natives was due to new european diseases being introduced into a culture that had no defenses. Inadvertant biological warfare.

And to Cimmerian
Also...no body suspects the spanish inquisition

:p

3 Million is estimated as due to foriegn diseases and 2 Million slaughtered.

Of course we also have the cleansing of "Heretics" during the Inquisition, also the Crusades with Richard the Lion Heart, and let's not forget Hitler.

The deaths caused by Christians purely in the name of Religion is beyond belief, I wouldn't even like to estimate.

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
Of course we also have the cleansing of "Heretics" during the Inquisition, also the Crusades with Richard the Lion Heart, and let's not forget Hitler.
Hitler was not Christian.

That depends on which version of history you decide to believe.

Me, I believe he was, I can't prove that, but you can't prove he wasn't.

The theory goes that Hitler was a hardcore devout Christian, he became interested in the occult and stole the spear of Destiny from a Berlin Museum, (this actually happened, the one on display today is a fake)

He discovered that it was a fake and decided that the Jewish race had lied to the world to manipulate the world, Christians are just watered down Jews at the end of the day.

Hitler continued the work that was started by Richard The Lion Heart many centuries before, but that is not spoken of very much. This theory also involves the Templar Knights if anyone is interested.

Again, religion is involved.

interesting, mister samurai.

really though, sometimes i wonder, how different would the world be today if christianity had never existed? i'd like to see.

Perfect example

The legendary saying;

"Kill them all, let God sort them out" is said to have originated from the Pope.

There was a siege of a "Heretics" castle in the South of France at the time of the Inquisition(1214, I think) The Templars or "Heretics" were being protected by civilians in this fort. One of the Pope's aides asked the Pope what should be done to kill the heretics, and how would they know who was Christian or not, and his reply has gone done in history.

People still have days of rememberence in that town.

wintermetalsmith said:
the traditional vikings didn't hate Christians.

I don't hate christians either... I despise the religion, and the people who preaches it. It's a hippocritic religion with only profit and power in mind.

In my oppinion anyone who follows christ - or any other religion for that matter - is weak and feeble-minded. I am an atheist, and my connection to the norse Gods are more philosphical.

We're not preaching anything, and we don't expect people to agree with the lyrics that we have. It's just Johan's personal feelings and thoughts. If you feel the same way - cool. If not - who cares? Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but don't make me laugh by pretending that christians are not murderers. More people have been killed in the name of christ, than in the name of any other religion. Get your facts straight.