Wrath of the Norsemen!

Western civilization is dying and it will be replaced by a new culture. Perhaps there will be a civil war or perhaps this will be avoided. It could be a Moslem culture, or it could be that the Chinese will invade. There are a few possibilities really. It's all a question of who has the will and the opportunity.

The Chinese are ready to invade NOW. Call 1-800-REDARMY to deliver your country from the scourge of Western democracy!

Norsemaiden - the blood of the North is strong, and we will always survive. However, I'm not convinced that Western Civilization will crumble - it will almost certainly change, just as it has many times over the millenia. I think Islam is destined for failure, not expansion; we may have a war with China, but an invasion of Europe or the US is not likely because of many factors, not the least being the geographic difficulties and the nuclear arsenals of both sides.

But to get back to the main topic - Norsemaiden, you are absolutely correct that the historical perception of the Norsemen exaggerates the supposed military savagery of the Vikings without putting it in any context. The fact is, the most lasting impression that the Vikings made on the world was not due to the raids and battles, but the exploration and settlement (Iceland is the best example, as well as Normandy, Ireland, England, parts of Russia, etc.), and the far-ranging and entrepeneurial trading throughout the world, which is clearly a progenitor of our own economic system today.

Susperia said:
I'm not a big fan of poetry, but of the few poems I actually like my favorite was written (said, actually) by a Norse poet around 900 AD.

"Olaf's broad axe of shining steel
For the shy wolf left many a meal
The ill-shaped Saxon corpses lay
Heaped up, The witch-wife's horses prey
She rides by night: at pools of blood
Where Friesland men in daylight stood,
Her horses slake their thirst and fly
On to the field where Flemings lie.
The raven-friend in Odinn's dress --
Olaf, who foes can well repress,
Left Flemish flesh for many a meal
With his broad axe of shining steel.
coool

VikingSF said:
Norsemaiden - the blood of the North is strong, and we will always survive. However, I'm not convinced that Western Civilization will crumble - it will almost certainly change, just as it has many times over the millenia. I think Islam is destined for failure, not expansion; we may have a war with China, but an invasion of Europe or the US is not likely because of many factors, not the least being the geographic difficulties and the nuclear arsenals of both sides.

But to get back to the main topic - Norsemaiden, you are absolutely correct that the historical perception of the Norsemen exaggerates the supposed military savagery of the Vikings without putting it in any context. The fact is, the most lasting impression that the Vikings made on the world was not due to the raids and battles, but the exploration and settlement (Iceland is the best example, as well as Normandy, Ireland, England, parts of Russia, etc.), and the far-ranging and entrepeneurial trading throughout the world, which is clearly a progenitor of our own economic system today.

Biological survival is not guaranteed for any people. The Scandinavian birthrate is barely at replacement level. Natural blondes are becoming rarer, just following the situation of their extinction in Libya and Greece 2000 years ago.
In medieval times, Portugal and France had as many natural blondes as present day Sweden is supposed to have. They once had the blood of the North, but succumed to negrescence from the South. (Which is not to insult darker people, only to point out that they were not the same as the previous poplation).
If the birthrate of present day Europeans continues to decline at the rate that it has been over recent decades, it has been officially calculated (even the United Nations agrees this) that the last ethnically European person would be born within this century.
What an opportunity for non-Europeans. Like taking candy from a baby!

Capitalism and the Vikings: It is really unfair to equate importing a boatload of log or fur in the Viking age with the present destructive exploitation,and unsustainable development, ravaging the world (as Speed insinuated).
The only fair equasion is with the right to seize resources by force, such as the USA taking Iraq's oil. Historically, might is right!

CIVILIZATIONS: Ancient Egypt ---> taken over by Greek barbarians ---> ancient Greece ---> taken over by Roman barbarians ---> ancient Rome ---> taken over by North European barbarians ---> present Western civilization ---> taken over by ????
(And don't forget what the Mongols did to China).

Norsemaiden said:
Biological survival is not guaranteed for any people. The Scandinavian birthrate is barely at replacement level. Natural blondes are becoming rarer, just following the situation of their extinction in Libya and Greece 2000 years ago.
In medieval times, Portugal and France had as many natural blondes as present day Sweden is supposed to have. They once had the blood of the North, but succumed to negrescence from the South. (Which is not to insult darker people, only to point out that they were not the same as the previous poplation).
If the birthrate of present day Europeans continues to decline at the rate that it has been over recent decades, it has been officially calculated (even the United Nations agrees this) that the last ethnically European person would be born within this century.
What an opportunity for non-Europeans. Like taking candy from a baby!

Capitalism and the Vikings: It is really unfair to equate importing a boatload of log or fur in the Viking age with the present destructive exploitation,and unsustainable development, ravaging the world (as Speed insinuated).
The only fair equasion is with the right to seize resources by force, such as the USA taking Iraq's oil. Historically, might is right!

CIVILISATIONS: Ancient Egypt ---> taken over by Greek barbarians ---> ancient Greece ---> taken over by Roman barbarians ---> ancient Rome ---> taken over by North European barbarians ---> present Western civilisation ---> taken over by ????
(And don't forget what the Mongols did to China).

Well you certaintly took the Viking capitalism implication a little overboard. But, if one thinks about it, I still think you are wrong. What did the Vikings do? They pillaged places(taking any valuables) then left, and then returned and set up colonies or trading posts. Doesnt that remind you of capitalism today? We pillage third world countries for their resources and labor, and then enforce trade laws and American Corporate products upon them. For the time, it is pretty similar.

There are a few blonde haired Greeks from the mountains; Ive also encountered more than a few natural blondes in Spain, and quite a few in Northern Italy. But surely, ( and I have blondish-reddish hair here, and my family is from Friesland, as is my last name derived from this area--I believe you had an old poem listed somewhere) the loss of blondes is not the worlds top concern! Furthermore, with new advances in genetics, scientists may be able to make children blonde ( I have no idea if this is true, but I dont see why it wouldnt be in the future).

As for the birthrate problem: you are complaing about unrestrained development ruining the world, yet at the same time, you take issue that your race is running a negative birthrate. It seems to me you should be patting the Scandinvians, and other Europeans on the back.

You can't see the problem with the indiginous population of countries getting to be old and having had next to no children, rapidly being re-populated by third world immigrants....
I have a vision of them doing as I would think perfectly natural (and I don't condemn it either) and that is: having a great time mugging the old idiots and robbing all they've got! What?! Do they think we immigrants come here to slave for them stupid whites and pay for their retirement, or look after the bastards in old people's homes!!!? Wow are they in for a surprise!
Increasingly people are caring less and less about eachother, and that is what you get the more mixed the population is.
Also, there are Scandinavian social values that I think should be spread throughout the world, but only people like the Scandinavians can care so much about social justice and health. The rest of the world cares less and it is sad to think how bad things are going to get because so few people see this.:cry:
And I haven't contradicted myself by condoning the robbing of the old whites whilst advocating Scandinavian social justice - I just happen to think that if people throw away a good thing they deserve the consequences as a punishment.

Final_Product said:
People seem to talk alot about the mixing of our races until we all blend into one. I cant see the problem.

The only problem I see with it is there won't be anymore brooding, pale-skinned men with ice blue eyes and long, dark, wavy brown hair anymore. However, I'm holding on to my man, and so I guess I'll be happy, however, it makes me sad to think there wouldn't be any more of that in the future for other girls who get off on, er... like that.

wrath of the norsemen indeed. the norse retarded the growth of western civilization twice in medieval history. the first pre-renaissance period was stimied in england when the danes invaded, setting back the most learned culture in europe at the time. the second, of course, is when the carolingian empire was raided by viking pirates and destabilized to the point of instability, stopping another pre-renaissance period. eventually, though, even vikings learned to read and joined civilization, also known as western christendom. thus the renaissance period began. after all, they weren't too terribly good at fighting wars, which is probably why they inhabited such terrible land, and why they chose to leave and raid elsewhere.
by the way, remember that iceland decided by democratic vote to convert to christianity. warriors indeed!

speed said:
Well you certaintly took the Viking capitalism implication a little overboard. But, if one thinks about it, I still think you are wrong. What did the Vikings do? They pillaged places(taking any valuables) then left, and then returned and set up colonies or trading posts. Doesnt that remind you of capitalism today? We pillage third world countries for their resources and labor, and then enforce trade laws and American Corporate products upon them. For the time, it is pretty similar.

There are a few blonde haired Greeks from the mountains; Ive also encountered more than a few natural blondes in Spain, and quite a few in Northern Italy. But surely, ( and I have blondish-reddish hair here, and my family is from Friesland, as is my last name derived from this area--I believe you had an old poem listed somewhere) the loss of blondes is not the worlds top concern! Furthermore, with new advances in genetics, scientists may be able to make children blonde ( I have no idea if this is true, but I dont see why it wouldnt be in the future).

As for the birthrate problem: you are complaing about unrestrained development ruining the world, yet at the same time, you take issue that your race is running a negative birthrate. It seems to me you should be patting the Scandinvians, and other Europeans on the back.

there are blue eyed kurds living in iraq, and blue eyed afghanis. the idea that a genetic trait will disappear through simlpe population migration is quite ignorant.

the alumnus said:
there are blue eyed kurds living in iraq, and blue eyed afghanis. the idea that a genetic trait will disappear through simlpe population migration is quite ignorant.

True. This is an indication that these people were once white. It is rare to have blue eyes there, but when two recessive blue eye genes come together you get the characteristic.
It occasionally even happens that a black couple will have a very white looking child because the parents had previous white ancestors and had maintained, by chance, a large number of white recessive genes.
Interestingly, such white looking offspring are treated with a lot of suspicion and hatred in the black community.