Wrath of the Norsemen!

Norsemaiden said:
True. This is an indication that these people were once white. It is rare to have blue eyes there, but when two recessive blue eye genes come together you get the characteristic.
It occasionally even happens that a black couple will have a very white looking child because the parents had previous white ancestors and had maintained, by chance, a large number of white recessive genes.
Interestingly, such white looking offspring are treated with a lot of suspicion and hatred in the black community.
i've seen blue eyes appear in the darkest skinned black people, but you guys totally missed the sarcasm... my point was that i was pretty much encouraging/endorsing the blending of the world into one race... me mentioning blue eyes was me sarcastically showing how superficial racism is underneath skin/eye/hair color people are people and that the people that think blue eyes are somehow superior is just as stupid as those black preachers that still to this day preach that blue eyes is evilness bleeching your eye color

The most peaceful (lowest crime)countries are the ones that are most homogenous, like China, Japan and the Scandinavian countries have been thought of as low crime but this is changing as they are being made less homogenous. Africa has many competing tribes and is full of violence, and countries like Columbia have mixed people and high crime.
The more immigrants of different races that are brought into a nation, the stronger police presence is necessary to keep law and order.
You go from a country where it would be very very rare for someone to throw a brick from a motorway bridge onto cars below (because of a feeling that it could be someone like themselves in the car) to kids thinking it's just a laugh. This kind of crime is bound to escalate.
Attempts to merge all races into one bring a breakdown in altruism and a lot of crime and distrust of everyone else. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Norsemaiden said:
The more immigrants of different races that are brought into a nation, the stronger police presence is necessary to keep law and order.

I'm going to bet that some diverse cultures can co-exist. If not at first then eventually, while each respective culture keeps knots tied in its historical thread. With that in mind, I wonder what the relationship is between poverty and criminal behavior. Not so great an emphasis on a person's genetic (?) history, but current status where the good lord split 'em.

The relationship between poverty and criminality is that it is the less intelligent who are (unsuccessful) criminals, so they tend to not better themselves. It is not the poverty that makes someone a criminal (except if they really have to steal to survive).
I have had experience of living long-term in what passes for "poverty" in a country with a welfare state. I didn't feel any reason to be criminal as a result.
In the world wars people lived in poverty and yet they felt safe leaving their doors unlocked as there was so little crime. Things have changed since.

Norsemaiden said:
The most peaceful (lowest crime)countries are the ones that are most homogenous, like China, Japan and the Scandinavian countries have been thought of as low crime but this is changing as they are being made less homogenous. Africa has many competing tribes and is full of violence, and countries like Columbia have mixed people and high crime.
You go from a country where it would be very very rare for someone to throw a brick from a motorway bridge onto cars below (because of a feeling that it could be someone like themselves in the car) to kids thinking it's just a laugh. This kind of crime is bound to escalate.
Attempts to merge all races into one bring a breakdown in altruism and a lot of crime and distrust of everyone else. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
i already knew all this^^^ my point was that racism wouldn't be able to be in existance if there were no longer any type of racial deliniation (the word "my pals" couldn't exist if the "black" skin tone didn't exist: a black man could not say "the 'white' man's keeping me down" if "white" people didn't exist etc, etc, etc,) the world would be at peace (or a hell of a lot closer to it) if all of the humans on the planet were the same skin color (whichever skin color that might be)

I think focusing on the skin colour thing is perhaps missing the bigger picture. Mankind is, by its nature, a cliquish species. We have lived in tribes for thousands of years and even today we often associate with those like us and are wary, even scared of those vastly different.

My point is: even if, through centuries of cross breeding, mankind eventually loses its indvidual races and we all end up the same race, there will be some sort of other distinguishing factor to take the place of race. Whether it be family background, education, or even (and i am taking this from Gattaca) those born from complex eugenics programs and those born naturally from unscreened parents, there will always be some way for man to seperate himself from the rest.

note: Gattaca - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/ Just incase anyone has not seen it.

Final_Product said:
I think focusing on the skin colour thing is perhaps missing the bigger picture. Mankind is, by its nature, a cliquish species. We have lived in tribes for thousands of years and even today we often associate with those like us and are wary, even scared of those vastly different.

My point is: even if, through centuries of cross breeding, mankind eventually loses its indvidual races and we all end up the same race, there will be some sort of other distinguishing factor to take the place of race. Whether it be family background, education, or even (and i am taking this from Gattaca) those born from complex eugenics programs and those born naturally from unscreened parents, there will always be some way for man to seperate himself from the rest.

note: Gattaca - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/ Just incase anyone has not seen it.
wow:OMG: i guess maybe i was right when i said "humans are evil"

Final_Product said:

This is true in that Nature likes a lot of variation, so that natural selection can act on the variation and produce new races and species. I don't see the possibility even of everyone ending up with the same skin colour unless forced to breed in a certain way by law, enforced by another race which wants to be supreme rulers of the world (but we won't get into that).
What happens when you get a lot of divergent people together is that the order which the society had from kinship is thrown into turmoil and a struggle ensues between competing groups of people.
In the science of biology, if one group of animals generally doesn't breed with another group, which they are similar enough to but have an instinct to not feel like they are kin, then they are classified as different races. This definition could apply to the increasing gap developing between classes in Britain. The working class are becoming like a chav race and those who don't like them are shunning them and would not want to breed with them. Nature works on this kind of developing gap to create new species.

Any working class people who don't like chavs (or trailer park trash in the USA may be the equivalent) will be drawn towards the middle/upper class population and some amongst them will join the chav race. At some point this flux will stabilise.

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
i already knew all this^^^ my point was that racism wouldn't be able to be in existance if there were no longer any type of racial deliniation (the word "my pals" couldn't exist if the "black" skin tone didn't exist: a black man could not say "the 'white' man's keeping me down" if "white" people didn't exist etc, etc, etc,) the world would be at peace (or a hell of a lot closer to it) if all of the humans on the planet were the same skin color (whichever skin color that might be)

The thing about the word my pals is that it used to be common word for a colour - 'my pals brown', (im not making this up) but because my pals was, and still is, used in a derogitory manner to blacks it has become an offensive word.

And I dont see there being a problem is all races gell into one - but it aing gonna happen, so long s there are people who dont want it to happen

Susperia said:
I'm reading The Last Apocalypse right now. Has anyone else read it? I think it's great, so far. Deals with what it was like in Europe at the year 1000 AD, focusing mainly on the Vikings and how Christianity took over their Pagan beliefs, and then the rest of Europe.

It also talks a bit about Viking women, who as we all know, were incredible. I wish there were more books/information about them.

You'll be happy to know Susperia, that because of you mentioning the book, today I finally acquired my very own copy (damn expensive though, imported from the US).

Looking forward to interesting page-turning:)

Many thanks!

The Hubster said:
You'll be happy to know Susperia, that because of you mentioning the book, today I finally acquired my very own copy (damn expensive though, imported from the US).

Looking forward to interesting page-turning:)

Many thanks!

Oh I'm so glad! It's a gorgeous book isn't it? I forgot to mention, but I guess I should have, that the book isn't solely on the Vikings. The writer also goes into what other parts of Europe were like in the year 1000 AD. Still a great read, however.

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
it's never gonna happen not just from the neo-nazis but also the black people in america feel as if they are the superior race

Yeh, its sort of come across to me that some black people in the US have a huge chip on their shoulder over what happened years ago