The Gaming Thread

Started playing Terraria again to take a break from Dark Souls 3. It has been a few years since I played it, shit is much different now.

Spent the last several nights playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 again. I both love and hate Jocke for this.

Update : I am in a game right now, which for some fucking reason every Hero I have fought has fled, I tried resetting the battles like 10 times each and tried different strategies, and despite the fact that my army is only marginally better they always, always flee and take their artifacts with them. I have only been able to finish off one single hero at the beginning of the game. I don't think I've ever played a game where this happened with every single encounter, within a few moves each time. I would get it if my army was made up of dragons and death knights and I was armed to the teeth, but I am just barely stronger than most of my opponents, in some cases I am weaker and barely able to win, and they still flee no matter how much I use haste and slow to get the move advantage.

Maybe I should just start a new Scenario. Something is really off here and I'm getting frustrated with losing artifacts and never getting the satisfaction of a victory that I had to really fight for.

Last edited:
Playing Total War Warhammer.

Last good game was Medieval Total War II and Rome Total War and sadly Warhammer is nowhere near as good. It's so simplistic, it's definitely made for casuals. Managing the cities is nonexistent, armies regenerate like vampires and the reinforcments system is stupid + all battlefields look the same.

Add to that Chaos DLC cut from the main game (why would you cut Chaos ffs?!) and not being able to conquer the cities of enemies faction (except the grand enemies, like humans can conquer vampires, dwarves can conquer orcs, but dwarves cant to shit on human / vampire land).

Overall I will finish one long camaping with dwavres and uninstall. I wish i pirated this game, at least they wouldnt rob me off Chaos.

Spent the last several nights playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 again. I both love and hate Jocke for this.

Update : I am in a game right now, which for some fucking reason every Hero I have fought has fled, I tried resetting the battles like 10 times each and tried different strategies, and despite the fact that my army is only marginally better they always, always flee and take their artifacts with them. I have only been able to finish off one single hero at the beginning of the game. I don't think I've ever played a game where this happened with every single encounter, within a few moves each time. I would get it if my army was made up of dragons and death knights and I was armed to the teeth, but I am just barely stronger than most of my opponents, in some cases I am weaker and barely able to win, and they still flee no matter how much I use haste and slow to get the move advantage.

Maybe I should just start a new Scenario. Something is really off here and I'm getting frustrated with losing artifacts and never getting the satisfaction of a victory that I had to really fight for.

:lol:

actually, that's just the HoMM3 AI for you... i believe the AI does not lose units when fleeing (essentially a free surrender), so they always chicken out to not lose the hero/artifacts, very annoying. if you ever have a chance to buy or get the artifact "shackles of war", get it asap. it makes it so that neither of you are able to escape the fight if it's equipped.
if you have any friends that play heroes, get them to play against you, so much more rewarding than playing vs the AI :)

Prepare for dissapointment, unless you are willing to ignore the fact that the main character is a mindless puppet doing everything random stranger asks him to.
And controls suck :3

so i got all the bioshock games on the steam sale, never played them so this will be interesting

When the first one came out I was disappointed because I wanted more System Shock 2. However if you go into it without sky high expectations they are very atmospheric games. The world alone is worth seeing.

None if them are 9/10 as reviewers would have you beleive, but they are enjoyable experiences and cool to immerse yourself in.

What he says is true, just ignore dumb stuff and get used to controls and you might enjoy it. The atmosphere and scenery is okay. Well, at least in 1 and 2, Infinite is garbage

If controls suck it's 99 % "console port" case.
1% is developer is retarded.

Infinite is pretty good for edgy wannabe philosophers. Game tries to be so deep to see Adele rolling

Since recently i live in suburb area I couldnt really test Pokemon Go, since i lack pokeballs and almost no Pokemon respawn here. I have to walk like 30 minutes to get one.

So today i went to the post in the middle of town. It looks better for sure, just shows how unadvantaged people are in this game if they dont live in big cities.

On a plus side, on Pokestop there was sitting some good looking female, which is nice, since i was expecting whales to play this game.

And finally about pokestops. In this shithole 90 % of them are churches / private chapels / crosses and a fucking grafitti on the post building.

The gym is on cementary and I sure as fuck will claim it sooner or later. The cementary is mine.

Not a gamer, but I did enjoy the text-based Grayout and Blackbar. I have Space Age, Monument, and Firewatch, but have yet to play any of them.

There seems to be a blockage in my brain—I enjoy playing, but never find the desire to start a video game, so this world has just passed me by. And with that, I'll see myself out this thread.