The Grand Conuration

all_sins_undone

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2005
What do you think about this song?
To basic for an Opeth song?
To repetitive for an Opeth song?

I ask this because it sickens me that so many of the Opeth newbies come in here and say: "BTW I heard GR and I like totally fell in love with TGC lolz!".

This is honestly the only Opeth song I sincerely dislike. Thats my opinion.

i like this song, it's VERY HEAVY, and Mikael growls like a demon on this one... "THE EEEEEEEEYS of the DEEEEVIL ....." makes me feel like killing christians!! which is always a good thing!

Heh. Short attention spans? After 7:06, it repeats riffs that we have heard already for another four minutes. I'm not quite sure its that we have short attention spans, because I'm quite attentive. I think it's more along the line of its boringness.

worldwide_suicide said:
i like this song, it's VERY HEAVY, and Mikael growls like a demon on this one... "THE EEEEEEEEYS of the DEEEEVIL ....." makes me feel like killing christians!! which is always a good thing!
Always count on worldwide for a ...response!

i know the riff repeats over and over and over and over and over and over and over.. (you get the idea) again.
but it's not necesarily a BAD EVIL AND HORRORIFIC thing, i think the song sounds nice and that's what mattes after all...

oh, oh and also guys, the when Miki sings: "clean path to hs kingdom beckoning in the miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooaaaaaaast" is COOL!!

i'm not a big FAN of the solo , though!

I think the song would be great if it ended at 7:06...

Silly, ma ass! (btw you are seriously catching up to me in post counts...damn you post a lot)

Ohhhhh boy if this were a contest I would have won already. :heh:

Yes you are quite silly. :tickled:

The Grand ConJuration is not for everyone... we should put up a disclaimer:

" THE GRAND CON + J + URATION IS NOT FOR EVERYONE"

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFB

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Ohhhhh boy if this were a contest I would have won already. :heh:

Yes you are quite silly. :tickled:

The Grand ConUration is not for everyone... we should put up a disclaimer:

" THE GRAND CON + U + RATION IS FOR EVERYONE"

RIGHT ON!:wave:

God damn! Wow... I guess I'm like the only one who thinks that past 7:06 is really, really boring and not worth listening to?

It's 9:16 over here.

Wait a minute...

OH you mean the SONG! Ahahahaha.

No, even there it's fun. Nothing wrong with a little repetition. Most of Opeth's songs luckily don't follow the verse->chorus->verse->chorus->bridge->chorus method.

So quit crying over it. :( <-- you