THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE | New Album Talk HERE.

Damn good song. One of the things that I love about Katatonia is that they can just come up with a relatively simple riff or bassline and just turn it into something so emotional sounding. The guitar in the chorus sounds similar to Viva Emptiness, but I think it sounds a little bit clearer than VE.

correct me if I´m wrong but I think when viva came out the album title, teaser, etc. appeared on the homepage in december and then the album was released in march...so that had been a long wait too...
Anyways, I´m really happy there is also a single now:)

dont think the logo change is that bad a thing. it looks less "goth" now or something. I loved the old logo. hell iv a version of it on my arm! but it looks a bit more mature or something now. Simplified.

Killer track....loving it.......Katatonia is bad ass.....!!!......cant wait for MArch now...thoug a lil too far teh realesasse date.....dotn u think..??....PEAC EOUT

Very good track. I actually just bought the new Scott Walker collection today, which gave me a lot of goosepimples, but now it seems that they won't go away... :loco:

Listening to "My Twin" I think a new logo isn't too bad, either. It marks a new phase in the bands history.

February is quite a way off, unfortuanately....

Perhaps they'll put the video online a bit sooner - they definitely ought to do that, because it'd be cool and good band promotion and so on.... ;)

can someone help me out? i'm trying to introduce a friend to katatonia, but it seems the old site is gone! I sent him a link to that new song, but I remember they had some clips up from the other albums on the old site. is there any way i can access this?

help a n00b out :oops: :worship:

steel102 said:
can someone help me out? i'm trying to introduce a friend to katatonia, but it seems the old site is gone! I sent him a link to that new song, but I remember they had some clips up from the other albums on the old site. is there any way i can access this?

help a n00b out :oops: :worship:

Not now. A new site will be up sometime prior or around when the new album comes out which will have the older stuff once more.

Before then, you can direct him to http://www.myspace.com/katatonia

That has a couple older tracks.

Shit!!!! *My Twin* really rocks....
I can believe that this album will be great like the others...with Viva Emptiness sound, but with more darkness...

I love Katatonia...

Excuse, my bad english...but i'm chilean...hahaha

Bye.

Following Katatonia for quite a long time now, I resigned myself to the fact that anything that comes from Katatonia is gold. Maybe not at first hear, but it always become something great with time.
The artwork is fantastic. Travis, it seems to me that the best emotional impact comes through simplicity in your works...
I'm also missing the logo. Fuck the ones who are stupid enough to be unable to read the band's name. This logo is part of Katatonia's music, and I'll be sad if it disappear. (note that I disliked the old logo, which was not representative of the music at the time).
Well, congratulations to Katatonia, it seems that you've done it once again...

the song kicks ass indeed! cant wait for the whole cd :D

but ive been wondering.. whats with the 'DOWNLOAD SINGLE 2006.2.6' ?
are they gonna put it available for download or what? im confused. :err:

Oh, another thing. When I read the album title, I told "wow, that's a great title (once again)." And then...I laready heard that somewhere but where ?
And now I got it: Rapture's title "the great distance". Does Katatonia rip off Rapture ? I thought it was the contrary...

Above someone gave credit for giving us full mp3 sample, but this 2:40 can't the whole song, right? First of all 2:40 would be extremely short and what's more important, to me it sounds that when faded out, the song is heading to its middle section after which we'll probably hear chorus once or twice. If this was everything it would be total oddball as a song when it comes to structure.

the single sounds really ok....i mean there is no reason to have fear about Katatonia's sound...they love this music......i like the sound........im ready for a gig...(????LOGO???)....anyway most think that the sound is ok,huh ?
"my regards to the ones that i love........"