THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE | New Album Talk HERE.

gone said:
Also, I don't understand why some people here feel the need to attack those that are dissatisfied with the new song. I seem to recall that a certain Anders Nystrom wrote a long diatribe on the latest Paradise Lost album, where he used some very similar arguments to the ones above (sold out, betrayed their roots, etc) and no one batted an eyelid.

No one batted an eyelid!? I seem to recall quite a lot of eyelid batting being done on the PL forum!

I think that the people who are not satisfied with this song are only the ones who didn´t like Viva as well and the new direction that Katatonia was taking.
I feel this song is a continuation of what they have done in viva, plus they are coming back with more melodies like in the albums pre Viva emptiness..which is really promising...I liked Viva but it took a lot of time to get into it and I still think that LFDGD is better.
My "consternation" :) was bigger when I bought Viva and listened it for the first time. I think, that was a really big change, both lyrically and musically.
With this new song and with the other song titles I feel that they are just following the same path as Viva, so it´s not a big surprise, just a positive reaction because I was really afraid to be disappointed. I mean first listening...wow blown away!

Jonas style/vocal lines are going from The Cure to A Perfect Circle/tool direction, but he still sings so emotionaly and maintains this fragility that was so impressiong in Discouraged Ones....but with a better production.

I´m only disatisfied with the logo, but imagining the old one on this cover, maybe it wouldn´t have fitted...however I wonder how the new t-shirts will look like with this logo.......and hopefully there will be some girlies and why not a girly with their first logo....

Thinking about logos, every logo has marked a changement in the band...so what can we expect now in the future?
Certainly a more rock/alternative band and not a metal/underground band anymore.
They really have the power to break through and get big!
I really hope that, they deserve it!

http://www.kyf.stockholm.se/show.asp?m=9&Id=12&p=2

http://www.kyf.stockholm.se/dyn/SkogskyrkogÕrden.engelsk.pdf

the_joy_of_grief said:
Now, does anybody know where this huge cross is at? I did a Google search, but only found the trees:

image49.jpg

Look at the Entombed picture. It's them. So I would think it's the Woodland cemetery...

Now, who's got the cross? :)

I suck at using Photo Shop, otherwise I would now post a picture of my own band with that background, haha

I've actually been at that cemetery a couple of years ago.:oops:

The cross failed to impress me, I guess... at least I had completely forgotten about it.

I must say that I found the Woodland cemetery to be rather dull. But maybe I just didn't take enough time or missed the most interesting spots, or whatever.

My Twin- very cool music indeed. I listened to it 53988 times but I still don`t understand which song is this supposed to be? I searched through my whole Whitesnake collection but I couldn`t find the original. It seems Katatonia have changed the song so much that not even the title stayed the same. Very confusing. I think they are fooling us!!

the_joy_of_grief said:
Definately. Although I'm surprised no one hasn't noticed that the artwork also has a twin.:D

Well, sort of.:saint:

tgcd_cover.jpg
klimt_1918.JPG

Hehehe, I noticed it immediately, same colours as 'Dopoguerra' :Spin: , but I haven't listened to 'My twin' yet, 'coz I'm not used to download anything.
B.t.w., want to see when the single will be at least released...
I was sooo excited about the new photo, covers, title of the record and of the songs... that I haven't seen when all will be released... :dopey:

here's what i heard for the lyrics

the neck then the chain
my head is hung in shame
i thought that you had grown
that you had carried on
now that i am gone
what else has been withdrawn

you used to be like my twin
and all that's been
was it all for nothing
are you strong when you're with him
to what has placed you above us all

i think of love
i let it pass
it feels like fire
but it won't last

what is it coming to
i'm unwell to go on
you have lost no one has won

>>the last part is really hard to hear, but otherwise i hope it's accurate.
...anxiously awaiting in københavn...

of course you all have the "right" to express your opinions here.....I guess I was just a little excited about the whole situation.......it was said earlier that "if your stuck on the island of an old Katatonia release" then that is unfortunate for you....and I feel sorry for you......I on the other hand am really happy with -My Twin-....and we have only heard half the song.....so a complete judgement cannot be made.....this was the natural progression in my mind for Katatonia to go......its been coming to this for years and years.....the Lyrical content is as strong and dispaired as ever.....the musical content flashes memories of refined TD......unlike many of the other Katatonia releases I love this one right away.....this is not a wish for me....I am not thinking this because of anticipation.....it IS good..... and it is an exciting time for me/us as fans....you can go at this with a closed mind obsessed with BMD...DODs....SOD....JEM....but you will be missing out....and that is ok with me....they will lose a few fans more....and that is ok too....because they are doing what is natural to them....I highly doubt that they are sitting at home thinking about how they can get popular.......they have not lost the fire in themselves....quite the opposite.....they are just starting to burn...

i agree with you deliverance, in the metal scene it is sort of frowned upon when a band (turns soft) like anathema, paradise lost, and well katatonia. But i think they're sound is much superior to the earlier releases, it sounds more more sincere in a way. but then on the other side of the coin, i think listening to the earlier releases has much to offer as well, and greatly enriches what katatonia is.

I have seen too many posts saying Katatonia have lost their sound..

well your wrong, its there on about 6 albums or so, over the past, so for god sake stop whining, theres loads to listen to, i listen to Discouraged ones, at least once a week.. its still there..

As for the new sound from what I have heard???

Take the growth and its like looing at a newborn child, young, inexperienced in life, yet perfect in creation... like katatonias music..

now look at them, grown up, cool , the depression has become moulded, now you can mould the darkness.. but into what?? well Viva was a shock of experiment, that was not bad, but I want to see if they have what it takes now to do this, it should be obvious they want to be known, and make it big..

those who long for BMD again, go and listen to it. Of course you may think its better, cause you had it to listen to over the last 6 years..

Aww this is such amazing news, well worth the wait, and I love the covers, the band pictures, the titles, everything...Katatonia really are the greatest band in the world to me and I guess there's always a little worry with new albums from such good bands that they'll suddenly go completely of course and start playing hip hop or something but I should learn to have more faith as Katatonia never ever dissapoint, they just get better...waiting till March will be fooking difficult, but it will be worth it, and will me made slightly easier with the single release first.

I fucking adore My Twin, too, seems to be taking the Katatonia sound and adding something new and quite unique to it as each album does, some really lush melodies and dynamics at play there...and the production is really amazing, and not in a 'too polished' way or anything either...Jonas' vocals are fantastical too. But I don't know why, I have a little hunch there's more to happen in 'MY Twin'...I don't feel like it's unfinished or anything, just when it fades out it feels like it's gonna go somewhere new...I was thinking maybe it could be a longer song than normal (which would be doomier! hehe)...since the single says "Single Edit", implying that's not the full version, and maybe the 'Opium Dub' version is just a unique name for the full version? Just an idea going through me brain anyway, maybe the Opium Dub wil indeed just be a dodgy dance remix or similar hehe...either way, I can't wait for the single to come out...I wonder if it will limited again? It's awesome that there are two extra songs on there not on the album too...since you can never have enough Katatonia material :hotjump:

:worship: KATATONIA are kings at what they do! Creating catchy, melodic riffs that are every bit haunting and emotional as they are rocking. I love the band because the music is right in your face and you can just chill out to the killer tunes. How on earth does this band come up with so many ideas is beyond me, really. The tunes stay with ya, and as short as they may seem at times, it doesn't matter because both the vocal and guitar melodies are just SO strong.

This band is incredible and I can only wish them the greatest of success. They deserve to sell millions of records. Their style is remarkable. I love how the music is so downhill and unhappy.

Seriously, My Twin is one of the best songs I have heard from the band. I haven't got so many chills from a song since the days of LFDGD - IMO, the bands masterpiece.

I just heard the song today and what can I say? 20+ listens and I'm addicted. I can't stop listening to the damn track. Once I hear the whole song, it just MAY eclipse Teargas as my fave Katatonia track.

WELL NOW I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU ALL...

FIRST....AND I THINK EVERYBODY AGREE WITH ME, THAT EVERY KATATONIA ALBUM HAS ITS OWN SOUND, SO...WHAT IS THIS ALL FANFARE OF "LOS THEIR SOUND" AND SHIT....COME ON, KATATONIA ITS DAMN PRESENT AS IT ALWAYS BEEN, AND READY TO KICK ASS....AND ABOUT KATATONIA BEING MORE ROCK ORIENTED, COME ON THIS SAMPLE (MY TWIN) ITS SOUNDS MORE METAL...WAAAAAY MORE METAL THAN "MY PREMONITION" OR "OMERTA"...AND YOU KNOW IT...THIS IS A METAL SONG, AND WHOEVER THAT LISTENS TO A ROCK SONG, AND THIS ONE AND DOESNT RECOGNIZE THE DIFERENCE, THEN YOURE MINDSICK, REALLY...THIS GUYS HASNT LOSE ANY ATTITUD, ANY...THE FEELING THTA GETS INSIDE YOU WHEN YOU LISTEN TO THE MUSIC, THE ATMOSPHERE THAT BRINGS...MAN, AS LONG AS A BAND CAN GET YOU OUT OF YOURE MIND WITH THEIR MUSIC HA! THEN THEY ARE MORE PRESENT THAN EVER, AND THATS WHAT KATATONIA HAS BEEN DOING EVERY CD, COME ON....IF U LIKE OLD KATATONIA, THEN LISTEN TO THE OLD CDS, IF YOU FEEL LIKE WANT SOMETHING FRESH, WELL THEN LISTEN TO THE NEW STUFF....THATS FINE WITH ME BUT, WHEN YOU ARE BLINDED BY THE THOUGHT OF "I WANT NO CHANGE" THEN, GO TO YOURE ROOM, STICK WITH YOURE 10 YEAR AGO ALBUMS AND STAND STILL...STAY IN THE SAME PLACE THAT YOU WERE 10 YEAS AGO...IM TIRED OF BANDS LIKE ALMOST EVERY METALCORE BAND, THATS JUST SOUNDS THE SAME EVERY SONG...JUST SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE OLD, NEW AND UPCOMMING STUFF....AND FUCK...JONAS ITS ONE OF THE BEST SONGWRITING GUYS IVE HEARD....(I LIKE FERNANDO RIVEIRO FROM MOONSPELL)...OK GUYS THATS IT...IM TIRED OF THIS DISCUSSION....MY TWIN ROCK!!!