The haul thread

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Rather than start a new haul thingo for each one, heres the official Metal Downunder haul thread, please add to it as you see fit.

Im so damn bored today.

Heres stuff ive got now from the last 2 weeks, or will be getting over the next 30 days (post office willing) as there are some shipments from amazon and ebay on the way, I had to split them up into seperate shipments as then I saved money because we have to pay import duty if it goes over 300 bucks (or somewhere near that, maybe its 400?) in one shipment, and I picked up most of the ones I have now at the cd store near me, but some came from ebay and amazon. I had some amazon vouchers too, so that helped as well, so I really didnt spend as much as it seems.

I have these already:
Chapters From A Vale Forlorn - Falconer
I Luciferi - Danzig
Pure Holocaust - Immortal
Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism - Immortal
Does This Look Infected - Sum 41
Black Label Society dvd
Slayer dvd
Skid Row dvd
Star One dvd
Darker Than Black - Cage
Resurrection - Venom
Seven Churches - Possessed
Beyond The Gates - Possessed
Cruelty And The Beast - Cradle Of Filth
Cast In Stone - Venom
Below The Lights - Enslaved
Midian - Cradle Of Filth
When Empires Burn - Bob Catley
Endless Conflict Theorem - Raventhrone
Thickskin - Skid Row
Holy Target & Not Dead Yet - Raise Hell (2cds)
The Best Of Grim Reaper
Kissing The Beast - Venom
Born A Rebel - Rebellion
Suffer Our Pleasures - Tarot
Of Wind and Weeping - Mirrorthrone
Sign of Tomorrow - Exhibition
Subterraneal Magnitude - Diabolic
Vindication - Susperia
Arcana - Edenbridge
Wages Of Sin - Arch Enemy
Demigod - Ninnghizidda
Watching In Silence - Circle To Circle
Battles In The North - Immortal
World Ov Worms - Zyklon
Damned In Black - Immortal
Stormblast - Dimmu Borgir
Sweet Vengeance - Nightrage

These are on the way:

Pharaoh of Gods - Necronomicon
Hyperion - Manticora
Tara - Absu
A Murder of Crows - Dead Soul Tribe
Predominance - Susperia
Sheol - Naglfar
Engraved in Black - Graveworm
Battle-Tested - Gun Barrel
Eskhata - Catamenia
Empiricism - Borknagar
Towers of Avarice - Zero Hour
Power Dive - Gun Barrel
Madtropolis - Chinchilla
Ashes of Eden - Total Eclipse
Celestial Entrance - Pagan's Mind
Between Heaven and Hell - Firewind
In the Beginning - Nile
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka - Nile
Back for the Attack - Dokken
Edge of Thorns - Savatage
Suicide Vampire - Theatres Des Vampires
The Sham Mirrors - Arcturus
Beyond the Veil - Tristania
The Best of Britny Fox - Britny Fox
Whoracle - In Flames
Apocalypse Manifesto - Enthroned
There Will Be Execution - Sinner
Ratt & Roll 81-91 - Ratt
Book of Lambs - Internecine

:headbang:

Fucking hell Spawny you have alot of money to throw around! I guess thats a definite bonus to working full time and living with parents :)

I have no money, I wish I could spend that much on music!

And for fuck's sake.... the BAND NAME goes first before the title of the album!

:lol: Well, I dont drink either, or anything like that, that helps too :)

Its not Dokken by Back For The Attack, its Back For The Attack by Dokken! Whats wrong with you? ;)

Very disappointed in the Skid Row one :cry:

Nobody said "-" stands for "by" though. If it did it would just be "Back For The Attack by Dokken". That's where you're thinking wrong I think hahaha.

When you use "-" you put the artist first because you read the band name first because that's what the person reading will identify easier.

If "Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka" is listed first, then that's what grabs your attention. And it's better for "Nile" to grab your attention so you're like "ahhh he' got a Nile album, a Dokken album, a Ratt album, an In Flames album"... etc!

Personally when I'm reading a long list of albums like that, and I'm sure I speak for most other people, I wanna see what bands are there first and then if I'm interested in what album you got by that band I'll see what it is. And its quite annoying having to look for the band names at the end, they don't stick out!

Plus, its offputting because 99.99999% of other lists (because most people aren't stupid hahahah) are listed as Artist - Title and that's what you're used to reading.

Anyway, I thought you hated Nile? :lol:

Well in my posts - stands for by !:headbang:

I do, Nile suck! !:headbang: But, the In The Beginning album is supposed to be very different, a lot slower, with more epicy parts/instrumental bits and different styled vocals, so I got that, they are demos and ep stuff from before they were signed, and I bought ATCONK just because it has Unas Slayer Of The Gods on it.

They still suck ass though !:headbang:

Skid Row must get Sebastian back, write a great album and tour. There are no longer any other options.

The Trooper said:
Personally when I'm reading a long list of albums like that, and I'm sure I speak for most other people, I wanna see what bands are there first and then if I'm interested in what album you got by that band I'll see what it is. And its quite annoying having to look for the band names at the end, they don't stick out!

Its just to the right! How goddamn lazy are you lot these days? :)

:OMG:

I know I'm not buying Thickskin. Everything I've read about it says most of the songs sound like a heavier version of Matchbox 20, Fuel, Googoo Dolls, etc... YUCK! Fuck that.

Well why don't you just put the artist on the left so its easy to skim down the list and all the band names are aligned nice and easy to read? Make things easier for everyone instead of protesting the way albums have always correctly been listed for some stupid reason. :lol: :lol:

The Trooper said:
I know I'm not buying Thickskin. Everything I've read about it says most of the songs sound like a heavier version of Matchbox 20, Fuel, Googoo Dolls, etc... YUCK! Fuck that.

Well why don't you just put the artist on the left so its easy to skim down the list and all the band names are aligned nice and easy to read? Make things easier for everyone instead of protesting the way albums have always correctly been listed for some stupid reason. :lol: :lol:

Thats exactly what it is! A heavier Matchbox 20, Fuel and Goo Goo Dolls! I cant believe it. Can you? They used to kick SO much ass, I mean, sure, they might be happier now, but what good is happiness if you suck?

Im not protesting, you are the uni student remember? :)

cp32.jpg

Your trying to justify that thing as tr00,grim and necr0.

BAH I think not.

No, I was just saying there ARE some tr00 grim and necro kvlt little fluffy animals. A Chinchilla, as you correctly pointed out, is not one of them however :headbang: