The heaviest band/album you've ever heard

Shamateur

Hypocrite
Jan 23, 2003
Nonexistence
List yours here.

As for me I experienced this feeling of something mega brrrrutal sounding in my ears three times in my life:

when I first time listened to HYPOCRISY "The Final Chapter"

when I finally got into what fuckin' awesome music CRYPTOPSY make

when I first time listened to ABORTED "Goremageddon"

Man, really tough question, but for me it would probably be Cryptopsy. They have a certain agression & rawness that makes them a band that's hard to forget about.

It used to probably be Cannibal Corpse & Deicide for me when I was a kid, but they don't compare to Cryptopsy. Nile also have some pretty Brutal sections, but as a whole they're not always Brutal like Cryptopsy.

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Thee Plague of Gentlemen - Primula Pestis

Both bands are alot heavier live though.

I would agree with Electric Wizard, though I find Come My Fanatics to be their heaviest album. My vote would go to The Rack by Asphyx, especially the title track. The IVth Crusade by Bolt Thrower is also extremely heavy.

I thought about Wormed, but their heaviest didn't make that big of an impact on me because it wasn't something totally different & new to me when I heard it, which was pretty recently. I even reviewed the album at another board.

Electric Wizard

Haven't heard anything come close to them outside of the stoner genre.

I don't get why people say bands like Wormed, I mean they're brutal and kickass, and their vocals are certainly very deep. But to me Bloodbath has the heaviest guitars I've heard in a death metal band.

I don't get why people say bands like Wormed, I mean they're brutal and kickass, and their vocals are certainly very deep. But to me Bloodbath has the heaviest guitars I've heard in a death metal band.

That's a joke, right? I mean, you know that Bloodbath is paying homage to a bunch of bands from the late 80's/early 90's that were heavier than them, right?

Heaviest? Man, that's hard...

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone is up there... Reverend Bizarre - Harbinger of Metal... Gorguts - Obscura... Immolation - Close to a World Below... Molested - Blod Draum...Disembowelment - Everything, Skepticism, Winter, etc...

Seriously though, while XTREEM Doom and people who ejaculate to Andy Sneap production jobs will disagree, Hellhammer is the fucking heaviest band ever.

EDIT: Haha, I keep coming back! I forgot:
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha

EDIT 2: And Pestilence - Mallevs Maleficarvm

EDIT 3: and Morbid Angel - Formulas Fatal to the Flesh