The heaviest band/album you've ever heard

Could you name a few of these bands? I'm interested in hearing this heavier music.

Entombed, Dismember, Grave, Nirvana 2002, Grotesque, God Macabre, Nihilist, Morbid, Merciless, Carnage, early Therion, early Tiamat, etc etc

Honestly, the heaviest prog I've ever heard (and I'm not talking about down-tuned extreme snowboarding riff prog) is from the 70's. Amon Duul II, Magma and even some early Genesis (parts of "The Knife" sound like For Whom the Bell Tolls, but even more low-end heavy!).

For Death Metal/Brutal Death Metal: DETHKLOK!

Just kidding...seriously though, for that, it'd probably be Nile's Annihilation of the Wicked or Black Seeds of Vengence

For Prog:

Opeth: Deliverance

This one is more for the overall themes of the songs and the way they're put together than anything else. A close runner up would have to be Metallica's ...And Justice for All, as it's been labeled as progressive/half thrash.

Thrash: 80's Metallica ftw. Ride the Lightning fucking pwns.

Not a big fan of black metal.

80's/Glam metal: Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil is probably the heaviest Glam album I've heard, but...I mean...come on...it's glam.

Cant narrow it down to one, but albums that blew me away when first heard them..

Metallica -Master Of Puppets
Fear Factory-Soul Of A New Machine
Carcass- Hearwork
Into Eternity- Buried in Oblivion

I like Wormed, but frog croaks =/= heavy or brutal, just deep, odd, and amusing.

I equate "heaviness" with deep bass, so I guess Sunn 0))) win. I vastly prefer Ahab's Call of the Wretched Sea, though.

Asphyx is pretty damn heavy, but heaviest? nah....

to me heavy is either drone doom like Sunn O))), Khanate or brutal death metal like Deeds Of Flesh and Severed Savior.

I think the problem is that different people have different ways of gauging "heaviness". Though we can all agree that band A is heavy or is not heavy, it is hard to come to an agreement on how it compares in heaviness to band B in an objective sense.