The heaviest band/album you've ever heard

yea that

I have sigs turned off in my settings, so I actually just assumed you meant "avatar" when you said "sig".

Bolt Thrower's 'Realm of Chaos' is the heaviest album I've ever heard. The songs 'Through the Eye of Terror', 'World Eater' & 'All That Remains' brutally rule like an iron-fisted, Stalinesque, tyrant-emperor!
Neurosis is another good candidate. Their use of dynamics makes them feel a lot heavier to me than a lot of the more convential extreme metal does.
Songs like 'The Tide', 'No River To Take Me Home', & 'Locust Star' are as heavy as any conventional metal. No other band can seemingly sound so big while doing so little.

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE :kickass:

Saw Metallica live, once...they played a bit of that song in a kill/ride medley. Towards the end of their show, they played Creeping Death... There's just something about 35,000 people screaming "DIE" at the same time, pounding their fists into the air...they may not write music the same way anymore, but Metallica's still got it.

Seeing Metallica live was one of the greatest experiences in my life. I don't care how much their studio output sucks, they are worth the price live.

When I saw them live, they did Battery and MOP as the first two songs. Greatest thing ever.

I like Wormed, but frog croaks =/= heavy or brutal, just deep, odd, and amusing.

No one ever said that the vocals were the reason they consider Wormed heavy. The grinding, distorted brutality of the guitars combined with the deep bass and fast, upfront drumming makes the album very heavy and oppressive. It also helps that their breakdowns are insanely slammy and well-muted.

No one ever said that the vocals were the reason they consider Wormed heavy. The grinding, distorted brutality of the guitars combined with the deep bass and fast, upfront drumming makes the album very heavy and oppressive. It also helps that their breakdowns are insanely slammy and well-muted.

true story. I just thought I remembered the vox being brought up on some other threads as an argument for its "br00talness"

as I mentioned, I tend to think of bass as being the defining factor of how heavy an album is, and I guess I don't see wormed as having stunningly deep bass

good band though, and a great album

I have always thought that the tone of the distortion in both of Darkspace's full-length albums was absolutely immense, universe devouringly heavy even.