The History Quiz Thread

Sep 14, 2007
Sweden
The rules are simple: one person gives three clues about a historic person, place or year, and the person with the (confirmed) right answer then continues. Each person can ask one additional yes/no-question.

If no one has replied within 24 hours you have to provide three more clues or anyone else can take over. This is basically to prevent the quiz from dying due to overly vague clues.

Formulate your clues however you want, personally I like crossword-type puns that might give extra hints.

Person:

1. Politician
2. Suffered from headless leadership
3. Did not have the stomach for defeat

To the mods, I thought about putting this in the thread games forum but no one writes there.

1. Politician
2. Suffered from headless leadership
3. Did not have the stomach for defeat

Headless Horseman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headless_Horseman

1. The battle denied him any chance to be a Chieftain.
2. Duh
3. "He was decapitated by an American cannonball, and the shattered remains of his head were left on the battlefield while his comrades hastily carried his body away. Eventually they buried him in the graveyard of the Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow, from which each night he rises as a malevolent ghost, furiously seeking his lost head."

Formulate clues that are less vague and I'll keep this here.

As I said, each person who wants to can also ask a yes/no-question and the clue giver is forced to add three more clues within 24 hours if no one has the right answer. Of course google is also allowed. It becomes easier and easier as it goes along.

We could also lower the time limit to 12 hours to keep a better flow.

Headless Horseman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headless_Horseman

1. The battle denied him any chance to be a Chieftain.
2. Duh
3. "He was decapitated by an American cannonball, and the shattered remains of his head were left on the battlefield while his comrades hastily carried his body away. Eventually they buried him in the graveyard of the Old Dutch Church of Sleepy Hollow, from which each night he rises as a malevolent ghost, furiously seeking his lost head."

Nope, but nice try anyway :). Remember that his leadership was headless, not he himself. He also did not have the stomach for defeat, you could say he was so turned off by losing that he lost his stomach.

I'll add three more clues:

1. 1st century BC
2. Island Praetor
3. Had a famous namesake relative who was the Elder