The Horror Movie thread

Not available to me, need to google if I can use it with VPN though, looks promising as fuck.

Looks fun, but i cant stand french language :(
Everything but french, german and spanish, in this order :(

Need to see some finnish horror movie, must be amazing with all the perkeles and jumalautas.

finally got around to watch the 2006 south korean "The Host". I remember good reviews from it, a 7/10 on IMDB and 94% on Rotten Tomatos, i can say its one of the worse movies i seen.

So watched my first swedish horror, Alena.

While story is pretty generic the movie is quite okay to watch. Action takes place in hogwarts for lesbians (apparently) and area around it.

When I played Cry of Fear, swedish horror game I was excited with its visuals and here is the same thing. Sweden seems to have perfect landscapes and areas for making horrors. Or maybe it's just my impression that after playing the game i associate some elements like park design with "creepy" now.

Anyway, nothing spectacular, but fun to watch once and it has hot chick in it

8363c2404a1c4b06923f91ae5717eba0.png

Hour of the Wolf is the best Swedish horror film I have ever seen.

Ugh, 1968... Nah, I really dont like vintage horror movies or vintage movies in general.

#edit
Scratch that, apparently one of my fav movies is from 1967, Cool Hand Luke. So let's stick to black&white movies.

#edit2
Lmao, The Dirty Dozen is also from 1967. Ok, im full of shit.

#edit3

NOOOO, George Kennedy is dead?! Fuck, this thread made me so sad now. Fuck.

Yeah... I was about to tear you a new one.

1968 gave us:
  • Planet of the Apes
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey
  • Night of the Living Dead
  • Hang 'Em High
  • Once Upon a Time in the West
  • Witchfinder General
  • Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters

Fucking great year.

Nostalgia is too strong in me to consider first Godzilla to be better over Mothra and Mechagodzilla, but it's great anyway.

Fair enough, I just find the first to have a much darker tone and a sincerity I can appreciate, what with the topic that inspired it more fresh in their minds and so on.

It is indeed darker, but people I think fail to realize why Godzilla was created. The first movie was like a message about war and nuclear weapons.

It still amazes me how such small country, which got fucking nuked has so much influence on popculture. Iconic horror movies, anime, music, themes, games, Godzilla etc etc.

Wanted to watch Dark Water again since its been quite some time since Ive seen some asian horror.

Not on Netflix. Oh well, I should have it on DVD.
Only polish subtitles, oh well.
DVD wont start movie after commercials.

Fuck this shit, im torrenting it. Being righteous is a joke.

Last edited: