The Horror Movie thread

Rings? Why rings? Why not just one?
Im even afraid to watch the trailer, the butchering of chingchong classics is triggering.

edit

Ok, watched it.
1. Stop advertising those goddamn croissants.
2. Oh look, another horror movie with young fucks fucking shit up.
3. Mysterious blind guy zzZZZzZzzz
4. The same "symptoms" as in previous movies, boring.
5. Butterface main actress.

-7/10 will not watch

Just saw "Witch"(2015) and i must recommend it. It's not a typical horror, there is no scary things jumping out of the closet, you wont be scared after the lights go off(well, most of you wont be). But the atmosphere is amazing. All actors did a good job and scenography made me hard.

For nonnative english speakers - i wouldnt recommend watching it without subtitles. I still had to google some words with subtitles but at least now I can insult people in old english.

Its been sitting on my harddrive for almost a year I think. Dont know why i neglected it for so long even though i remember watching the trailer (but the trailer seemed goofy, maybe it was a fan made one or something)

Slither and Feast are okay. They are not amazing but they are fun to watch and definitely fill the role of cult horror films. Hatchet is over-rated, never saw Tusk.

Alien is an unfair comparison to any of those though. It's still among the greatest horror movies ever.

Agreed, I wasn't comparing them to Alien. Just trying to think of good contemporary horror.

How is Hatchet overrated though? I never see anybody talk about it. I thought it had amazing practical effects.

latest

Holy fuck, bought polish Netflix subscription.

30 horrors in total, 15 or these are old as fuck movies, 10 of these are 2015-2016 1 star movies, the rest are horror comedies.

Wow, I see Netflix (doesnt matter which version) gets smaller ajnd smaller library every month. Back to piracy, yarrr.

Holy fuck, bought polish Netflix subscription.

30 horrors in total, 15 or these are old as fuck movies, 10 of these are 2015-2016 1 star movies, the rest are horror comedies.

Wow, I see Netflix (doesnt matter which version) gets smaller ajnd smaller library every month. Back to piracy, yarrr.

Get Shudder if you can. Will thoroughly scratch a horror itch until you're ready to cancel it.

Reactions: Lifemocker