The Horror Movie thread

Not a fan?

Oh I am a fan, Godzilla is absolutely a guilty pleasure for me, some movies are so bad they are funny, other ones are legitimately pretty great. Godzilla vs Mothra (1964) was my first and still my favourite Godzilla movie. I was probably 5 when I saw it and I watched it like 20 times that year.

It just made me chuckle a little to list a bunch of movies that were hugely influential and ground-breaking, then Godzilla tacked on at the end.

1994 was a great year in movies. It gave us

The Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump
Pulp Fiction
The Crow
The Lion King
...and House Party 3.

Godzilla is one of the most blatant genre films of the 60's and extremely influential to the monster movie genre in general, so I don't really follow. Many might even argue that it's more influential than it is good as a film series in terms of quality.

Well sure the first Godzilla had a big impact, but by the time Destroy all Monsters came out it was pure cheese. Entertaining cheese but still goofy as hell. Either way I'm not knocking it, it's just funny compared to the company it keeps on the list.

I have no idea what Witchfinder General is though so can't say much to that.

Cheese is one of the most widely consumed condiments there is. ;)

But no I agree it is very cheesy, on the other hand wasn't it the first big monster battle royale films made?

I loved Godzilla as a child, especially Godzilla vs Mothra and vs Mechagodzilla.

I still watch some older Godzillas when im bored and look forward to the new one because FUCKING MOTHRA.

As for the asian movies again, one of my favourites is Kairo. I have no fucking idea what's this movie about, but the atmosphere is amazing.