The Illegal Immigrants are Restless

haha, why are you so pro-latin america? you never responded to my quip about venezuela btw.
more importantly, i never sent you a package because i have yet to come up with something to put in it. hahaha (lame)

the more you learn about latin america the harder you realize they've been fucked...somebody has to bear the burden of capitalism, and profits have come at their expense. er, short answer i'm a hispanic studies major and this is what i study :p

chavez i find to be an interesting character...some things he has done have been good in my eyes (projects for education, health care, subsidized food, redistributing oil profits, denouncing neoliberalism and generally standing up to US foreign policy and its Venezuelan pawns (Carmona, for example))...but on the other hand there's questions about political repression and electoral fraud, and stuff like the Enabling Act. so i dunno how to feel about him because he represents a potential force for serious positive change in Venezuela and possibly all over Latin America (along with Morales, Lula, Bachelet, and others) but at what price we'll have to wait and see. he still has support from the Venezuelan people and the opposition have tried a whole bunch of shit to get him out (coup, strike, referendum) with no success.

as for the package, i'll pm you my CA address since i'm leaving friday and won't be coming back to oregon for like 8 months.

I want to literally fuck the shit out of Michelle Malkin. I'm talking knife-penis hooker-suit Se7en-style. Fuck that bitch.

manifest.jpg

hahahahahaha

...Gloria Ramirez Vargas is a local politician from Baja, California who spoke to the crowd today.

Ms. GLORIA RAMIREZ VARGAS (Politician, Baja, Calif.): (Through Translator) Many Mexicans are nourishing the ground in the U.S., but those lands were once ours. Those same lands, which now with intelligence, with love and with a lot of work, we are re-conquering again for our Mexico.
indian-gaming-mag.gif
:loco:

haha it rules because in general I support immigration, but I'm still planning on leaving this godforsaken chunk of North Mexico.

i am not sure if you guys know or not ... but there has been no way to LEGALLY emigrate into the US for at least 20 years ...

when i came in 1984 it was one of the last waves ...

Oh yeah, like I pay any attention to the laws of this stupid government. :lol:

I don't get why people are stuck on legal v. illegal immigration, it's like sex before marriage to me: completely moot.

Right, I found the simplest way to discuss my view on this shit:

"Excuse me Sr. Beaner, do you work every day?"
"Si."
"Kickass. What about you, Other Sr. Beaner?
"No."
"Man, fuck off."

well ... there used to be ways to come to the US LEGALLY and settle down ... anotherwords, the US would give you a Visa for relocation and eventually you can apply for citizenship ... but meanwhile you were allowed to work. When we applied for this back in 1982 in Romania, it took 2 years for the US to allow us permision to emigrate.

Nowadays ... the only way to come here is as a tourist/student/work related ... and then "forget" to go home.

Now in Japan, where a friend of mine is ... you get 3 months to hang out as a tourist ... after that the "man" literally finds you and comes to your house to throw you the f out. She found someone there and fell in love ... and literally had to get married so she can stay in the country ...

Japan obviously does not want anyone RAPING THEIR HERITAGE.

Actually I don't have a problem with countries being very harsh on immigration, it's just I think it's too late for the US to hop on that bandwagon. I mean look at yesterday, the protests fucked up some business (like mine) pretty bad, if that was applied on a constant basis effective immediately, it could drive us into a depression, at least theoretically. Regardless of how much you may hate beaners, t's just a bad move economically speaking.

Or not, just eject everyone, whatever. Maybe that would lower the housing demand and prices, so if I still had a job to go to every day, I could buy one. Whoa, I think I just switched teams. :loco:

well the point was made yesterday ... i'll give them that.

but what would THEY do if they actually followed through with this for good.

I would buy stock in Greyhound that's what ...

Looks like Schwartzisbigger has a plan, maybe we could steal a few cornfed whitefolk teams and have all their fans move out down south! He should be trying to get more NASCAR tracks really.
Schwarzenegger wants two NFL teams in Los Angeles area
By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer
May 2, 2006

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger responds to a question during a press conference following a meeting with NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue and several NFL team owners at the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in Grapevine, Texas, Tuesday, May 2, 2006.

GRAPEVINE, Texas (AP) -- California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Tuesday he wants the NFL to return to the Los Angeles area -- with two teams.

After meeting with a group of NFL owners, Schwarzenegger said he was there to make sure "we're getting not only one NFL team to the Los Angeles area, Southern California, but to actually get two teams. That's why I came. Why limit it?"

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue and a committee of 11 owners met to hear proposals from Los Angeles and Anaheim. Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle were there to make separate presentations but joined the governor for a joint session.

"There is enough room and enough audience to have two teams," Schwarzenegger said. "We just have to all work together and make it happen."

Los Angeles, the nation's second-largest television market, has been without an NFL team since the Raiders and Rams both left after the 1994 season. When the NFL expanded in 2002, the new team went to Houston after Los Angeles leaders couldn't agree on a suitable site for the team.

New York Giants chairman Steve Tisch, a longtime Los Angeles resident who is on the committee, said it was unlikely two teams would be added in Southern California at the same time.

"I'd be shocked if the suggestion internally to recommend two teams ever comes up. I think the numbers are too big. I think it would be an overwhelming suggestion," Tisch said. "Over time, possibly."

Tagliabue, who is retiring in July, has long made it a priority to get a franchise back in Los Angeles.

The owners' committee, which includes Dan Rooney of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys and Bob Kraft of the New England Patriots, planned to hear stadium proposals from the Anaheim and Los Angeles officials. The cost estimates of $800 million are considerably higher than previous price tags.

Anaheim's plan calls for a new facility near Angel Stadium, which was converted to a baseball-only complex after the Rams left. The NFL team and the Los Angeles Angels had shared the stadium.

The Los Angeles plan is to construct a stadium inside the existing Los Angeles Coliseum, home to the Rams from 1946-70 and the Raiders from 1982-94.

The NFL owners' group won't make any decisions on the proposals during their meeting at a Dallas-Fort Worth Airport hotel. Instead, the group will make a presentation at the league's spring meetings in Denver, scheduled May 22-24.

After Schwarzenegger and the two mayors emerged from a 10-minute meeting with the owners, the governor chatted in the hallway with Jones, the Cowboys' owner.

The governor returned to Los Angeles immediately afterward. The individual presentations by the cities were later in the day.

@lurch, yeah, that'd be the thing to do if employers wanted to eliminate the situation, just fire them all for ditching work. But they want their cheap laboUr, so it's not going to happen. 4 more years.

what I mean by THEY ... is the illegals ... I mean, they have no choice but to hang out here and work ... they are certainly not going home.

Yeah that's what I mean, if the employers refused to employee illegals, the problem is solved, and I mean instantly.

I don't know why people who oppose immigrants working (legal or otherwise) aren't going after the center of the problem: companies who hire them.

Employers stop hiring illegals -> illegals can't work -> illegals vacate

It's simple.

NADatar said:
I don't know why people who oppose immigrants working (legal or otherwise) aren't going after the center of the problem: companies who hire them.

It's simple.
im with you on this one. but which came first?
then theres the whole issue of american manufacturing jobs going to other countries - most notably, mexico - for their slave labor. quite disturbing really. oh well. nothing will be done about it while bush is in office - its way too political. which is funny because illegal immigrants obviously dont vote. :err:

NADatar said:
Yeah that's what I mean, if the employers refused to employee illegals, the problem is solved, and I mean instantly.

It's simple.
this guy knows the score