The "I'm crapping myself in anticipation for these new albums" thread

ProgMetalFan said:
The new Dead Soul Tribe comes out... well... today! Can't wait to hear it!
wow... this album is a monster!

promo2.jpg

HOLY LIVING FUCK! I just remembered the new Danzig came out today, I completely forgot! That's a good excuse to leave work early...

No match for Psychotic Waltz man. They were AWESOME!

DST's first album dissapointed me whereas Murder of Crows pleasantly surprised me and I loved it.

Here's to hoping the same for this one!

The new Amon Amarth is really quite good. (Well, the three songs on the sampler promo are good). I like the fact that they slowed everything way down and went back to lots of tremelo picking riffs. It sounds much darker than the last one, which was a bit sugary sweet at times.

The new Vader doesn't sound so interesting. Not even close to Revelations. Maybe that support slot with Metallica didn't help much...

Doomcifer said:
No match for Psychotic Waltz man. They were AWESOME!

DST's first album dissapointed me whereas Murder of Crows pleasantly surprised me and I loved it.

Here's to hoping the same for this one!
agreed. DST will never make something half as good as any P.W. album (or other project, "Strange Mind Of Buddy Lackey" for example). The new DST is very very good, but not as good as "Murder Of Crows", and the fact that "Just Like A Timepiece " is the best song in it, proves that Buddy Lackey > Devon Graves

Caelum Adustum said:
The release dates for those Drudkh and Hate Forest says February 21 (Drudkh)and March 21(Hate Forest), so they've already been released.

but battlefields and autumn aurora are FERLY013CD and FERLY012CD, and this schedule suggests higher numbers than that.

:confused:

I know I posted this elsewhere but Hate Forest have finished recording a followup to Battlefields as of a few weeks ago. I don't remember where I read it though, sorry. :(

EDIT: haha, I posted that in this thread. I need to find that tidbit again to make sure they were discussing a post-Battlefields album and if it was even true at all.

IOfTheStorm said:
The comparison was about his musical substance.
I think the best song from the new DST is "Why?", which is a scathing rebuke of American policy.

I can't wait til my Psychotic Waltz cd's arrive in the mail.