The "Let's watch and see how Wings of a Dream plays" thread and a game too!

Oct 22, 2002
Venezuela
Visit site
Here you go

http://home.comcast.net/~shgarcia/Jose_Alejandro_-_Solo.wmv

Right click "Save Target as"

It's about 7mb, but please download it! Specially, Bebli, Zsuza, Jani Laiho, Daemon, Qkelter and NeedledWarheart, and please don't be a bitch about it. ok?

Oh yeah and you also got to figure out what song I'm playing!
Kinda hard since the solo is improvised, not the original one, but I think you can still do it based on the keyboards and other parts.

tab me the scales you use when you are shredding away and i will love you forever.. gonna record with my band on saturday and i got som missing parts in a solo and i aint that good!

delt said:
pretty cool. funny how you shift between classical (correct) playing position and "cowboy" position.

Haha I think it's the first time I've seen it called "Cowboy" Position.:loco:

SeveredWings said:
Nice video, man. Since we're posting videos, here's short one of me messing around on the ole guitar :headbang: I'm acting dumb.
Video of me playin some guitar
Not much I can say, but let's work on the lighting! I always record my videos during daytime do there's more lighting. Now sometimes I exagerate, but it's better with more light than with less light!

slaesh said:
tab me the scales you use when you are shredding away and i will love you forever.. gonna record with my band on saturday and i got som missing parts in a solo and i aint that good!
Hell yeah here it goes, maybe a little late, but I was trying to do a good job, and get it on video too!

When improvising I recommend the most starting with the Pentatonic scale, and maybe throwing in some chromatic passages to add some color tone to your soloing.

That solo is in G Minor so........ all Bs and Es are flats

Lick 1.

Alright this is the Pentatonic lick I use the most. You should probably practice this one a little lower, like starting on fret 4 or so. (Like on the video). And you should also practice it by patterns, like the first 5 notes for a minute then the next for another minute and so on, until you get the full thing like Paul Gilbert! and Yeah I stole the first lick from him, but at least I disguise it with my own things when soloing (or try to). You can see this lick on the video solo at about .0.32m.

Lick 2.

Since Lick #1 has an ascending feel to it, we need a descending one! you know, so it flows..... again practice it by patterns until you get the whole thing going. And yeah, the best way to do this is a METRONOME. This lick can be seen at about 0.29m on the solo video.

Lick 3.

A legato Metal type of lick I got from a teacher at the National Guitar Workshop. Practice the first 6 notes for a minute non-stop (And this will get you tired! But don't worry, you'll gain strenght, if you feel PAIN then you stop). Then the next 6 and so on. Once you're done with all the patterns, practice the whole thing flowingly for a minute too. This lick is really useful when ending solos, IE. Kissing the Shadows solo.

Lick 4.

Just a miscellanous lick that I throw in the solo. Very useful when you want a lick that can be played over and over without loosing sense and to get people's attentio too. This lick can be seen at about 0.20-0.21m on the video

Licks_1.jpg

Licks_2.jpg

And the video with all these licks

Wings of a Dream Improvising Licks

Alright get that solo going Slaesh :headbang:

Anybody?

All that hard work for nothing? not even one reply? Slaesh? Where are you at?

What about figuring out the songs name? I know for sure Bodomite would have got it, but I thought you guys could have too.