the limited edition of come clarity is disappointing

unregistered

Jul 2, 2003
NEW YORK CITY
i preorded and got the album early.

the artwork sucks.

there's no lyrics booklet. [edit]: i was too quick to judge. it did come with the lyrics.

and most disappointing of all, the dvd is not what i thought it would be. it has pictures slideshow of the band in the studio, and in flames "performing" the new album. i thought it would be them actually playing the songs, with real audio of what they're actually playing--sort of like a live performance, but in the studio. it turns out, it's basically an album length music video. they're just playing along to the audio of the actual cd. i doubt the guitars are even plugged in. had i known this, i'd get the regular version of the album. does anyone know if that one has the lyrics?

unregistered said:
i preorded and got the album early.

the artwork sucks.

there's no lyrics booklet. [edit]: i was too quick to judge. it did come with the lyrics.

and most disappointing of all, the dvd is not what i thought it would be. it has pictures slideshow of the band in the studio, and in flames "performing" the new album. i thought it would be them actually playing the songs, with real audio of what they're actually playing--sort of like a live performance, but in the studio. it turns out, it's basically an album length music video. they're just playing along to the audio of the actual cd. i doubt the guitars are even plugged in. had i known this, i'd get the regular version of the album. does anyone know if that one has the lyrics?

I also got the special edition one and was kinda disappointed with the DVD. Oh well, I don't think its that bad, I really like the cover art.

The patch that came from The End Records is a pretty cool design also.

In light of what I’ve heard about the limited edition I picked up the regular today, & yes it’s got a full booklet with all the lyrics & artwork. Apparently your lyrics come in a fold out poster? That’s not so bad, but the DVD is insulting, it costs more & it all comes in another oversized digipack that won’t fit correctly in my CD rack. No thanks.

I got the Digi/Dvd one yesterday. Horrible package. If I knew it was gonna be a poster with the lyrics on it I would have preordered the Jewel case instead. And I turned the dvd off halfway through Take this life. What a waste of time.

LifeDepraved said:
I got the Digi/Dvd one yesterday. Horrible package. If I knew it was gonna be a poster with the lyrics on it I would have preordered the Jewel case instead. And I turned the dvd off halfway through Take this life. What a waste of time.
Seconded.

I think that some people spend way too much time complaining. I bought the fan pack which has the DVD it has the poster with the lyrics. I guess I can understand that the DVD wasn't what you expected but with Director Patric Ullaeus at the helm of the DVD you all should have known that it would have a music video feel to it.

Complaining about the lyrics on the poster, Come on, if your a true fan of In Flames you'll have the words memorized in a week. Then you can hang up your poster.

Plus the fan pack I bought also came with the patch, a vynl album single of take this life and leaches( Which I got signed in Columbus over the weekend) and a damn t-shirt. All for 30 bucks .

I have not heard of them (Kalmah). Do you think them better than In Flames?
You see I live in the United States and the metal scene here fucking blows. There are hand full of bands here ( Trivium, All that Remains) that keep metal exciting but for the most part. It just sucks.

I absolutely love In Flames old and new. So if you think that Kalmah is at least as good would please send me a couple of tracks so I can check them out. I would greatly appreciate it.

Trivium keep metal exciting? You must be new to metal. And Kalmah takes a shit on them. Pick up any of their releases. You won't be dissapointed.

LifeDepraved said:
Trivium keep metal exciting? You must be new to metal. And Kalmah takes a shit on them. Pick up any of their releases. You won't be dissapointed.

I am at least slightly insulted. I am certainly not new to metal. I possess every demo ever recorded by Metallica going back to the Ron McGoveny days. I own every demo pantera put forth prior to Cowboys from Hell. I have had every In Flames album since Whoracle no later than 3 weeks prior to release. I had knowledge of Slipknot 2 years prior to the first release when they were a 5 piece and possessed seemingly more talent. (Joey excluded). I own one 350 CD case full of gems in which I know only of few that possses them as well. My collection is 3 plus cases deep.

My problem and my reason for being at this board is that I like In Flames and I am always longing to hear new music that would give me the addrelin rush I got when I first heard Master of Puppets. The first time I heard Jester Race .
You see I am an American, and while that great(patriotic blahh blahh blahh) American radio blows ass.

I used to have a radio station where I could bask in Guns N Roses, Old Tallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath. Where my ears were to my pleasure assulted by the greatest in what was new in metal. Now its all bullshit, power chords, halfass punk, and bubblegum punk. I have no outlet to that music anymore. So if you can be of assistance to me in finding the greatest , guitar harmonizing , double bass kicking , screaming blow you a way metal than by all means please help.

Thanks

CHeck out these bands ASAP :p

Norther
Kalmah
Arch Enemy
Dark Tranquility
Hypocrisy (DEFINITELY CHECK OUT)
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Ensiferum
Divine Souls
Amon Amarth
Strapping Young Lad

I can't really say what order to check them out at because they are all absolutely amazing and soon you will forget In Flames even existed.

Lord Ash said:
I am at least slightly insulted. I am certainly not new to metal. I possess every demo ever recorded by Metallica going back to the Ron McGoveny days. I own every demo pantera put forth prior to Cowboys from Hell. I have had every In Flames album since Whoracle no later than 3 weeks prior to release. I had knowledge of Slipknot 2 years prior to the first release when they were a 5 piece and possessed seemingly more talent. (Joey excluded). I own one 350 CD case full of gems in which I know only of few that possses them as well. My collection is 3 plus cases deep.

My problem and my reason for being at this board is that I like In Flames and I am always longing to hear new music that would give me the addrelin rush I got when I first heard Master of Puppets. The first time I heard Jester Race .
You see I am an American, and while that great(patriotic blahh blahh blahh) American radio blows ass.

I used to have a radio station where I could bask in Guns N Roses, Old Tallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath. Where my ears were to my pleasure assulted by the greatest in what was new in metal. Now its all bullshit, power chords, halfass punk, and bubblegum punk. I have no outlet to that music anymore. So if you can be of assistance to me in finding the greatest , guitar harmonizing , double bass kicking , screaming blow you a way metal than by all means please help.

Thanks

You may not be new to metal, but you still have bad taste.