Come Clarity

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
For those who don't know (probably not many of you), C.C. was In Flames' latest release, came out a good while ago. It took a lot of flak from metal community -people saying they'd sold out and suchlike.

Now, from the perspective of metalheads who might not be deeply entrenched In Flames fans (this being the Opeth board), whadda you think? Listenable and improved? Metalcore garbage? For that matter, what do you think about the whole concept of "selling out?" How about the other softer albums (Reroute, STYE, Clayman) that preceded this one?

Discuss.

[Personally, I thought STYE was more of a "sell out" record than Come Clarity in terms of style- or, hell, Cloud Connected from R.R... C.C. sold a lot better, though.]

Its better then In Flames has been in awhile.

i still perfer older material yada yada

it's pretty hilarious, tbh

In Flames finally gets around to ripping off the bands that have been jacking off of them for the past 5 years or so.

I think it is a fucking pathetic, absurd, horrid, idiotic, gay, juvenile, retarded, soulless piece of shit disguised as an album...in my honest opinion

I've actually never felt compared to check out any Infames funnily enough, I guess I sorta have a pre-concieved idea on the sound that I think they will have and it doesnt really entice me...

clayman was excellent, top notch tracks on that one. reroute was ok, but i havent had the will to follow them ever since. saw a video one day ("something...red"??) and was disgusted by the stupidity of the songwriting.

I've actually never felt compared to check out any Infames funnily enough, I guess I sorta have a pre-concieved idea on the sound that I think they will have and it doesnt really entice me...

dude, at least try to spell In Flames correctly, and I think you meant to say compelled??

early In Flames pwns, n00b

I am a In Flames fan, and I have every one of their albums. I like everything up to and including Clayman. Reroute to Remain was a transition to nu-metalness imo. Coincidentally, I was just listening to Come Clarity recently after putting the album aside for many months and I see this thread. There are some good moments on the album, but the clean singing reminds me of Jonathan Davis and makes most of the songs unlistenable.

They have obviously switched to a metalcore formula, just with some better guitar parts and more harsher screaming.

clayman was excellent, top notch tracks on that one. reroute was ok, but i havent had the will to follow them ever since.

Same for me. RTR is pretty cool, I gave STYE a spin once, didn't like it much. The only song that I like a bit is Borders & Shading, it's pretty catchy. Haven't really gave CC a good listen, I think Take This Life and Come Clarity are alright tracks though.

I don't listen to In Flames, but I saw this album and another one of theirs at the library, so I brought them home. I don't remember what the other album was, but it was way better than this piece of shit. I didn't care for either one though.

It's definetly better than Soundtrack to Your Escape. However, it's still very simple, bland, and boring. I'll admit I own every In Flames album, i have been a fan of them since way way back in the day, so i enjoy listening to in flames still. however, their new material doesnt compare to what they were doing 10 years ago.