the metal thread!

Aug 15, 2002
israel
do you guys feel sometimes that you want to know some new bands? and you like your music, but it's boring sometimes and you want something new... to bad Haa!!
this thread is for recommendation of bands, albums, song... everything in this topic.
everyone can recommend of something.... i am open to new things in any metal style...
so, shoot guys... i need something new and i guess that not just me...

tom.gif

Good thread!!

I recommend the band "SAVIOUR MACHINE" for anyone into gothic rock opera stuff.. I've seen them live twice and it was simply amazing! These guys are legendary in their own circles and are excellent musicians!

There are Christian overtones, but you don't have to be a Christian to get into it, by any means! But if that's not your thing or if you can't get passed it, then don't bother. If you want some awesome metal-infused goth rock on a grand scale - check out these guys! Honestly, I think they wouldn't be defined as "goth" at all if it wasnt' for the dark imagery and visual elements..

The lead singer, Eric Clayton, has an amazing voice with a range to die for! He also has some pretty funky facepaint :D I would recommend that you listen to the "LEGEND" trilogy as well as the self-titled album! The Legend trilogy is actually 4 discs, with the 4th not being released yet (it's a part 2 of part 3.. if that makes sense)..

Song titles:
The Whore of Babylon
Gog: Kings of the North
The Birth Pangs
Ludicrous Smiles
The Eyes of the Storm
Carnical of Souls

Here is their official site
http://www.saviourmachine.com/

Some great sound clips here:
http://members.tripod.com/~athanasios/

I would recommend going to this site.. Click on the little flags at the bottom corners to select your langauage (turn up your speakers), click on "PROJECTS", then select the "Legend PART I" cover (top left) to hear clips of most of these song titles!!! The others songs (I think just one or two) are on some of the other albums displayed!
http://unblack-zone.de/legend/

~Sh0k~

@sexualist death: there's a hundred threads like this all over UM ;) visit forums you don't post on a regular basis, you'll find all kinds of band recommendations that you can imagine (and also such that you cannot imagine) :D

@opacity: i know how many threads like this existent in UM
but dont forget that every person here have different aspect
and i want to know it all, i want to hear from people what is THE things in music that make them listen to metal...
this thread is not only for me... it's for all the people here
and i know so much band.. so i will recommend too.
so i hope you understand my thinking way
if not, it's to bad.
:)

Nuclear Rabbit, first two albums Vicuna and Intestinal Fortitude. VERY strange prog. / metal stuff!

okay, my recommendation will be.. the last taake album "bjoergvin", extraordinary album.
one of the best BM album, and more taake, my favored taake album and my favored BM album "nattestid" i dont have what to say about this album.. amazing.

Aborym. If you liked Attila Chisar in Mayhem(WHO DIDN'T???) get their newest album(I can never remember the title...). He actually only does his popeye vocals on a couple of songs, though. The rest is black-ish vocals. The album sounds like Darkthrone crossed with Arcturus(Aspera era).

Since Im very much into Folk Metal I guess I could recommend some good/great Folk Metal bands...

Windir - Great Norwegian band, playing powerfull Viking Metal, quite inspired by folk music and Norse history/mythology.

Kampfar - Yet another Norwegian Viking Metal band, got some great tunes both in Norwegian and English, though the best ones are in Norwegian.
They do however have a some pretty corny lyrics, but if youre not Norwegian or speak the language you have nothing to worry about ;)

Einherjer - Though I guess most people have heard about them, I still want to recommend them, they play some fucking great Viking Metal, inspired by Norse Mythology and folk music!

Finntroll - Great Finnish Folk Metal band with Swedish vocals, and very cool lyrics and great insturmentals.

Ensiferum - Another Finnish Folk Metal band, not very much inspired by Folk lore, but has quite some folk music influence.

I would love to get recommendations on other Folk/Viking Meta bands if anyone knows any...

I must recommend Ablaze my Sorrow and their amazing song "I will be your god" from their album 'the plague'
that's one
another fine fine song I can recommend is "in empty phrases" by Dan Swanö in the 'Moontower' album
yet another song:
"a man in your head" by Samael in their album 'Passage'
that's all for now

Originally posted by Aggressor
Since Im very much into Folk Metal I guess I could recommend some good/great Folk Metal bands...

I would love to get recommendations on other Folk/Viking Meta bands if anyone knows any...
How about:

MOONSORROW - voimasta ja kunniasta
VINTERSORG - till fjalls
THRYFING - urkraft

These are excellent examples of folk/pagan/viking metal, own all three. These groups also have other great Cds not listed here.

Thanks Necros, though Ive heard Vintersorg and Thyrfing and love both the band's works, I havent heard Moonsorrow yet, so Ill check them out.

Thanks alot :)