the most anticipated albums that failed to dissapoint you..

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
i guess it would be new amorphis..........and katatonia.....even though both albums are based under the same song construction(verse+chorus+verse)they never get boring..at least for me though:headbang:

To name a few:

ISIS - Panopticon
Neurosis & Jarboe - S/t
Neurosis - The Eye of Every Storm
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Sigur Ros - Takk...
Dredg - Catch Without Arms
Antimatter - Planetary Confinement
etc.

The new Katatonia was better than expected actually. If only the new Dissection would have lived up to the hype...but oh well.

Yes, The Great Cold Distance

Opeth - Ghost Reveries, definitely a good album

Ihsahn - The Adversary, this album completely shows the Emperor frontman's diversity

Scar Symmetry - Pitch Black Progress

There are others also, but I can't think of all of them at the moment.

Katatonia - TGCD
Dissection - Reinkaos (i actually enjoy this album)
Novembre - Materia
Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Zyklon - Desintegrate

I agree with the new katatonia, and I guess amorphis although I've heard only 2 songs from their latest, they were enough for me to understand how well produced this album is, after so many years that amorphis was underground and the band just didn't seem to get my attention. Porcupine Tree, Paradise Lost and Dark Tranquillity haven't failed me with their latest.

well katatonia, steady as ever! more mature if it applies...
cannibal corpse didn't let me down at all
hipocrisy is amazing specially with horgh on drums!
pearl jam, rocking a little harder and the last song is worth the whole album, tool is above par (tool loves me!:heh: ) and specially:
new amorphis, the lyrical content is amazing for me, the music is waaay different from that band that ripped of pink floyd on the last album, and the growling is just at the places it should be!!, good year for me this 2006!:headbang: