The most beautiful song you've heard

The most beautiful song??? Ulver-Themes...Disc 1, track 8. I think it must be Stine Grytors voice that does it though.....the most beautiful voice in the world.

Runner up is Camel-Nude.

Back to Zappa I go. "Blessed Relief", a delicate, 8-minute jazzy piece at the end of his Grand Wazoo record just might take it for me. Nightwish's "Sleeping Sun" is a close second.

As fot the rest, Therion's "Siren of the Woods" I can agree with, and I have a special place in my heart for the intro of Led Zeppelin's "Over the Hills and Far Away". It makes me feel happy and peaceful. As for classical tunes, "Moonlight Sonata" and "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" come immediately to mind... (I could go on)

° Tiamat - "Gaia"
° Shape of Despair - "Shadowed Dreams"
° Anathema - "Angelica"
° Anathema - "Eternity Part I"
° My Dying Bride "The light ..."
° Katatonia " The Future of Speech"
° Katatonia "Teargas"

and many more

Cryin'-Joe Satriani
For the Love of God-Steve Vai
Benighted-Opeth
Come Cover Me- Nightwish
Watching From the Light- Vinnie Moore
Death of Music-Devin Townsend
The entire Terria album by Townsend (brand new!)
Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
The Oath- Emperor

I did, I think it was created in 96/97 (I was 16 or 17) and was designed to give accurate lyrics, since I'm somewhat anal retentive about getting lyrics right for some reason. It MIGHT still be up - yeah it is. This is back in the days of basic java applets, when "mouseover" was a big thing, I suppose. My friend and I abandoned it before The Fragile came out, actually, before Closure came out. And it's not all accurate, but it's a trip down memory URL...

Left to Decay

I like the title because it's a lyric used in both "The Only Time" and "The Becoming." Oh yeah, and all the semi-decent piano tabs for NIN you see floating around the net are mine too. :D

Steve Vai - Warm Regards

The runners-up are all Vai tunes, too... Hand on Heart, Touching Tongues, etc... the man has a simply godlike connection with the guitar.

I've said it before.. If you like guitar and aren't elitist about having distortion, check out Don Ross. There's a post titled "Don Ross" that has info about him. I want to spread his name around as much as possible!