The most beautiful song you've heard

Crimson... By Edge of Sanity (40 mins) :)

I'd have to say Lovelorn Rhapsody by Anathema (Serenades) or Turn Loose the Swans from My Dying Bride. Depends on the mood.

Someone already said Angelica by Anathema, so I'll say 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle is one of the most beauticul songs i've ever heard.

one of the most beautiful songs I've heard is "Haze on the Hills" off Tea Party - Splendor Solis. It's chilling me right now I'm stuck on this cd the past couple days and I can reapeat this track for faaaarr too long.

I can't believe how beautiful acoustic guitars can be.:)

Also some really fabulous guitar work in the Comus track "The Herald". During the second part of the song, it goes into something really enchanting.

Hell, there is so many beautiful songs, thank god a reason to live... :D

"Unintended" by Muse is a really nice song. In fact everything Muse do is pretty much fantastic. They're becoming huge here in the UK. Dunno about anywhere else. I understand that they're licenced to Madonna's label Maverick in North America so if you haven't already you should check 'em out. Imaging Radiohead rocking out with Jeff Buckley's demented cousin on vocals....sort of...

I'm a real sucker for heartfelt Emo bands like Benton Falls and Sense Field too. Their songs (and other bands like 'em) always manage to pluck at the old heartstrings.

Lee B

I'll have to check out some Muse then. I looked on MP3.com but I think it was a different band. On Amazon the samples didn't play (Unintended wasn't a sample though). I'll keep looking.

Hell I don't even know Radiohead, (except by name) but I did just play a tiny-brief sample, too short to judge a fkn thing. But there was a lot of em and I only tried once clip. Maybe this afternoon when I'm back zzzzz at work. :)

You may find this very bizarre but I find Octinomos to be quite beautiful in a tragic twisted sense. In particular "Wipeout" from the new one "Fuckhole Armageddon." Makes me want to kill the entire human race and then go cry my eyes out. Such fragile passion. Soderlund sounds like he's coming unglued. I fucking cry. :(

"ants" by john frusciante
"smile from the streets you hold" by john frusciante
"untitled #11" - john frusciante
"saturation" by john again... :)

ok i know it will look strange to you but: 2pac - changes...

pink floyd - green is the colour
lou reed - heroin
pachalbel - canon
beethoven - brandenburg #5 (1st movement)
Jan Freidlin - sunny field
john lennon - isolation
cradle of filth - Hallowed be thy name (iron maiden cover)
couple moments from various opeth songs

and probaly more that i don't remember right now
:)

Well I have two songs vying for top spot...

Opeth - The twilight was my Robe
My Dying Bride - Sear Me mcmxc iii

I know I should not mention this on an Opeth board but I figure being Opeth fans you will be open minded, but Sear Me whips anything Opeth has done with the piano. The song just drips pure pure emotion. Before I discovered Opeth I was a huge MDB fan up till 34.788% Complete like a lot of other MDB fans I am willing to bet. ALso, LATEOFW was just pure uninspired uhoh-we-pissed-off-our-core-fans-lets-kiss-their-ass-and-make-up drivel. They lost the violins that were a huge part of their sound. Still, MDB never did encompass my entire listening sphere like Opeth has. I first heard Opeth via Black Rose Immortal (what a COOL name for a song).

Kevin

Yeah, that's exactly what The Light At The End Of The World sounds like, but I find it a good "moody" album nonetheless. Aaron blurting out some good growls, and the title track with the lyrics is a great story.

34.788%... Complete is also good, in spite the "*insane giggle* we, uhm, hehe, made this album when, hehe, you know, uhm, we were on LSD, you hehe know?" feel of it. :)

When MDB was performing in Ilosaarirock last year people were shouting for "Two Winters Only", and I was thinking to myself "No! Play Apocalypse Woman! Something from 34.788%.. " heh. They didn't, not a single track.

Thanks Lee!
Got the cd yesterday so I've given it a listen just once so far, and I liked it! A couple songs I played more though :D Yes, Unintended is a very nice song. But I especially like track 5. That one was my most fav, really catchy warpy melody. :lol: I'll be happy to get into Muse and maybe pick up their other cd you mentioned.
Thanks very much! :cool:

as of this moment, i'd have to say:

mandalay - beautiful <7" canny mix>

i heard this song while i was in ibiza, and everytime i hear this song i'm brought back to the incredible experience i had in spain. :) ...i was in barcelona for a study abroad program, and visited ibiza for a weekend.

kevin

smashing pumpkins havent been mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

oh well i see not many opeth fans like pumpkins then? or do they?

the songs by the pumpkins that get right inside me and rip me apart are:

soma, 1979, tonight, tonight, in the arms of sleep, perfect, um well most of them.
Radiohead really fuck me up to, and Falling again by lacuna coil.

I don't really like Muse's latest album. Shobiz was good tho. And they were quite good live!!!

And I'm a major smashing pumpkins fan. I think I've got literally everything they've ever done - including the aeroplane flies high box set. Shame they've split up now :( My favourites must b... - disarm, 2nite 2nite, to forgive and a few other less well known ones