The Most Consistent Metal Artist Ever....

The Apparition

Porpoise McSalamander
Dec 22, 2004
Sydney
Award goes to....KING DIAMOND!

I recently bought the newie Give Me Your Soul Please and it's absolutely brilliant. I can't stop listening to it and it's one of the best albums i've heard in a long time.

Then i realised that the man has SO many awesome albums. Fatal Portrait, Abigail, Them, Conspiracy, The Eye, Voodoo, Puppet Master and Give Me Your Soul Please are all brilliant albums. Everything else he has done is at the very least good.

Hail King Diamond!

I was waiting for your review on King , shaneo. I was quite impressed myself. Your missing out Mercyful Fates dont break the oath also dude . "A Dangerous Meeting" rocks your sox.

I don't know... I'd rate the likes of Zakk Wydle and Yngwie Malmsteen as a lot more consistent considering how 99% of their stuf sounds consistently the same.

From what I've heard the new King Diamond is sounding good.

On the subject of consistancy though I have to nominate RAGE. Released a ton of albums since '86 and not a week one amongst them.

I don't see how they've sold out SymX_AUS.

They're still doing really well and I think technically at the top of their game. Sure their metal side comes out a bit more on later releases, but they still have those epic vibes and neoclassical style shred sections which we all know them for.

Meshuggah has been pretty consistent in my opinion. So has Symphony X.

Like, neither has sold out or completely changed their style.
I actually meant consistency as in writing consistently great albums rather then consisently sticking to the same style or "selling out".

Another one you could say is Blind Guardian. They've changed their style drastically but still release great albums.

I don't see how they've sold out SymX_AUS.

They're still doing really well and I think technically at the top of their game. Sure their metal side comes out a bit more on later releases, but they still have those epic vibes and neoclassical style shred sections which we all know them for.

Symphony X died when The Thomas Miller - Michael Romeo Songwriting duo ended. The Lyrics Since odyssey are crappy compared to epicness of Miller.

I'm shackled to this alter, sacrificed to their God - King Of Terrors:erk: How Generic

Tell me, now do you somehow still recognize this stare I wear, Through crystal tears - Eyes Of Medusa:kickass:

Symphony X died when The Thomas Miller - Michael Romeo Songwriting duo ended. The Lyrics Since odyssey are crappy compared to epicness of Miller.

I'm shackled to this alter, sacrificed to their God - King Of Terrors:erk: How Generic

Tell me, now do you somehow still recognize this stare I wear, Through crystal tears - Eyes Of Medusa:kickass:

How did they sell out though?