The Most Consistent Metal Artist Ever....

Symphony X died when The Thomas Miller - Michael Romeo Songwriting duo ended. The Lyrics Since odyssey are crappy compared to epicness of Miller.

I'm shackled to this alter, sacrificed to their God - King Of Terrors:erk: How Generic

Tell me, now do you somehow still recognize this stare I wear, Through crystal tears - Eyes Of Medusa:kickass:

That quote from King Of Terrors is from a Poe story, The Pit & The Pendulum. The protaganist is chained to a table/bench thing while a swinging pendulum with a scimitar/blade attached to it lowers itself slowly down - I think the lyric conveys that pretty well?

I think the Odyssey is awesome. Paradise Lost is a bit meh.

The Odyssey is great and possibly my favourite Symphony X album. Honestly i don't think you can say their lyrics have gotten worse over the years when you have gems like this on their debut:
"I don't know why my heart keeps calling but i really don't want you to stay
I have my reasons to keep from falling, they cast me into shades of grey"
:erk:

I can't get into Paradise Lost but i wouldn't call it a sellout. It sounds exactly like the rest of their stuff.

It sounds exactly like the rest of their stuff.

If that were true than Symphony X fans would not be saying they don't like it. The majority of people that dislike the album dislike it for the reason that it is too heavy and doesn't sound like Symphony X. But there are many more that like it.

To me some of the riffs on the album sounds like there older stuff but I wouldn't say the whole album sounds like the old material.The album has a different overall sound and feel but it still sounds like Symphony X, and that is what makes them great to me. They manage to make there albums sound different but still sound like them.

If that were true than Symphony X fans would not be saying they don't like it. The majority of people that dislike the album dislike it for the reason that it is too heavy and doesn't sound like Symphony X. But there are many more that like it.

To me some of the riffs on the album sounds like there older stuff but I wouldn't say the whole album sounds like the old material.The album has a different overall sound and feel but it still sounds like Symphony X, and that is what makes them great to me. They manage to make there albums sound different but still sound like them.
I pretty much agree with you. I was mainly referring to the point about them selling out which didn't make sense to me considering that they've never really changed their sound. But i agree that every album has even suttle differences to still make them interesting and not become the AC/DC of prog metal.

I know im in the minority here because besides Matt and I everyone else seems to really like Paradise Lost.

Kind Diamond, fuck yes!
Awesome album, pretty much all of KD are at least good, with some being great.