The most disappointing albums of 2007 so far.

Έρεβος;6522352 said:
Pain of Salvation - Scarsick

Such a huge disappointment... Disco Queen was mildly amusing, and that's the only pro. The rest was random & boring, with no real holistic image.

no way!!! disco queen is the worst music there. daniel sounds like a little girl when he sings disco queen, let's disco.

i think he had a big penis in his ass when he recorded that shit. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

but the others songs are very good

Megadeth - United Abominations
Vital Remains - Icons of Evil

i disagree. united abominations is the best album since youthanasia.

no way!!! disco queen is the worst music there. daniel sounds like a little girl when he sings disco queen, let's disco.

i think he had a big penis in his ass when he recorded that shit. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

but the others songs are very good

i disagree. united abominations is the best album since youthanasia.

TSHF is their best album since Youth. UA is merely an 'okay' album. The only standout tracks on that record are Sleepwalker and Washington is Next! and both of the main riffs from those songs were stolen from other songs (Blackmail the Universe and Wasted Years, respectively)

You can't honestly tell me that this album is good when every single riff is a rehash of something previously done either by Mustaine or another band.

DevilDriver comes to mind. I was hoping they would develop and grow into something good. Instead their new material further plunges them into the sea of bad metalcore.

DevilDriver comes to mind. I was hoping they would develop and grow into something good. Instead their new material further plunges them into the sea of bad metalcore.

That's kind of funny. I think The Last Kind Words is DevilDriver's best album and definitely one of the top albums I've heard this year. It definitely rips their other two albums to shreds.

There is actual songwriting on this album.

I will never get why people find Disco Queen to be one of the worst moments on the album, it is clearly one of the best :cool:

Scarsick didn't disappoint me at all, one of the top five albums of this year.

What did was the new Elvenking. Holy shit was that awful.

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction

I REALLY hate this album and I've liked everything they've done previously. All the tracks sound like the rejects from the Character album, nothing memorable, boring, boring, boring.

Porcupine Tree - FOABP.

A solid album but it's fairly generic prog rock from a band who should be able to produce better.

That's kind of funny. I think The Last Kind Words is DevilDriver's best album and definitely one of the top albums I've heard this year. It definitely rips their other two albums to shreds.

There is actual songwriting on this album.

I only gave it one listen when it first came out. I remember it as being very boring musically and monotonous.

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction

I REALLY hate this album and I've liked everything they've done previously. All the tracks sound like the rejects from the Character album, nothing memorable, boring, boring, boring.

I really liked this album. Some tracks were very mediocre, but others were great. I especially liked Inside The Particle Storm. I think it's one of the better songs they've ever made. I've never listened to their first albums though, only the more recent ones.

TSHF is their best album since Youth. UA is merely an 'okay' album. The only standout tracks on that record are Sleepwalker and Washington is Next! and both of the main riffs from those songs were stolen from other songs (Blackmail the Universe and Wasted Years, respectively)

You can't honestly tell me that this album is good when every single riff is a rehash of something previously done either by Mustaine or another band.

i don't care if the riffs are the same, cuz i know that mustaine doesn't have the same feeling of the past to create another rust in peace... so, if he wanna remenber the old good times with a similar album, i just can support this great idea.

i think it's much better than another risk

I only gave it one listen when it first came out. I remember it as being very boring musically and monotonous.

Meh, I respectfully disagree. Many people see the same way you do. I've given this album to three people, one of which hated DevilDriver and, last I heard, it hasn't left his car CD player, which was a month ago. Another friend listened to this CD nonstop from Ohio to Alabama when he was going back to his internship at Southern company. The riffs on this album are phenomenal. There are so many hooks on this album it's ridiculous.

i don't care if the riffs are the same, cuz i know that mustaine doesn't have the same feeling of the past to create another rust in peace... so, if he wanna remenber the old good times with a similar album, i just can support this great idea.

i think it's much better than another risk

Definitely not better than TSHF or Cryptic Writings

Meh, I respectfully disagree. Many people see the same way you do. I've given this album to three people, one of which hated DevilDriver and, last I heard, it hasn't left his car CD player, which was a month ago. Another friend listened to this CD nonstop from Ohio to Alabama when he was going back to his internship at Southern company. The riffs on this album are phenomenal. There are so many hooks on this album it's ridiculous.

Definitely not better than TSHF or Cryptic Writings

cryptic writings is a bad joke

One great song in a sea of bad/mediocre songs doesn't necessarily make a good album. I do agree TSHF was a good record, though.

Well, there are about 4-5 good songs on CW. The rest are either ok or mediocre.

Trust, She-Wolf, Use The Man and Almost Honest and Secret Place are great.

TSHF is just badass from start to finish (sans I Know Jack and Shadow of Deth)

Anyway, back on topic:

I need to add Daath - The Hinderers to this list. On the first listen I thought this album was great, but then it got boring after the second or third time through. Good thing I bought it used.