The most disappointing albums of 2007 so far.

Dammit, I can't even keep up with my homework. How do you expect me to keep up with new metal albums? :p

What did was the new Elvenking. Holy shit was that awful.

I only listened to the first song and fucking laughed my ass off. What a shitty band they are now...*remembers how ruling Heathenreel was and still is*

I actually prefer Zos Kia Cultus to Demigod. There were some damn interesting parts in Demigod, but also some annoying ones. Cultus seems to flow better from start to end. Plus, the opening track is fucking awesome.

AGREED. I lost interest in this band after ZKC. IMO, they became very sterile and lacking.

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction

I REALLY hate this album and I've liked everything they've done previously. All the tracks sound like the rejects from the Character album, nothing memorable, boring, boring, boring.

Porcupine Tree - FOABP.

A solid album but it's fairly generic prog rock from a band who should be able to produce better.

I agree - very bland album but I have always thought the band was pretty mediocre to begin with...

Definitely the new Nightrage album - what a massive, massive failure and letdown.

Porcupine Tree - FOABP.

A solid album but it's fairly generic prog rock from a band who should be able to produce better.
I don't know how high your expectations were, but I thought this was pretty good. My only real complaint is the lack of songs really. If you were to divide Anesthetize into 3 songs (which it really is) then you have a bit more to go off of. Deadwing was marginally better. But FOABP still beats out In Absentia for me, which I thought was the worst out of the prevous 5 albums.

The DsO album was disappointing only because I had astronomical expectations after Kenose, one of my favorite albums ever. I still think it was pretty good, but it doesn't rank ahead of the last few albums.

I heard the Akercocke album maybe one time, but it was not as good as I had hoped. It seemed like they lost a lot of the progressive elements that made the previous album so good.

Manowar, Gods of War... Utter shit, so full of filler, with only about 20 minutes of seriously poor metal tunes. All they have done since 1996's awesome Louder Than Hell is put out tons of shit live albums and dvds and 1 mediocre album. Shame.

The few albums that come to mind are:

Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao (partually because the fucking production is beyond shit for that style of music. Shitty production only works if your playing first gen. black metal.)

Megadeth - United Abominations (It has a few good songs but not enough to keep me interested)

Darkest Hour - Deliver Us (Again, some good songs but not as great as "Hand" or "Undoing")

Slayer - Christ Illusion (I love Slayer but they could have tried a little more maybe?)

DSO is technically disappointing because SMRC is their best even though I didn't really like Kenose much.

I can't decide which is best among the three. If Kenose were a full album, of the same quality as it really is, then it would be superior to both SMRC and FAS. It's just the perfect mix of the first two full-lengths of this mystical trilogy.