The Most Important Band Of Your College Years

i had (and still have) 'heavy infatuations' that lasted for a few months here and there, but no way do i have a band that defined my high school years or whatever

yeah, it's more about "important" not necessarily "favorite"

Metallica were certainly not my favorite, but for some reason they are probably the only band that really bring to my HS days ... probably because I have some many memories of events where their music was in the background.

Grade School: Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Poison, 70's Aerosmith, and all the other classic rock shit I listened to all weekend at my father's house.
Junior High: Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Wu Tang Clan
High School: Tool, Nine Inch Nails
College: Not really sure there is any particular...I was big into house/techno bullshit for a couple years there when I would roll my balls off on E every week at the club. ....UGH ....Also was big into Punk at the time with Lagwagon, Strung Out, and Propagandhi.

...there's kinda an overhang of the bands from junior high to high school like the grunge bands.

well i could say metallica from like 10 years old to early HS. my older brother had RTL and black album on cassette, got older and got into MoP and AJFA as well, one of the bands that inspired me to take up guitar, learned a bunch of their riffs and songs, etc. (im sure this is the story of so many 'metalheads') but by then metallica was already into the Load phase and killing their legend. Slaughter of the Soul was my favorite album from age 16-17 for several years. i have no clue now, im really shitty at ranking things.

pre-junior high: first some embarassing shit then iron maiden, bruce dickinson
junior high: dark tranquillity, in flames, tiamat, at the gates, katatonia, emperor
high school: same as above + burzum, enslaved, agalloch, ulver, helheim, darkthrone, skepticism, thergothon, candlemass
later: same + everything else i like now

i cant name single bands or even two or three

there are specific songs that make me think of earlier periods in my life but i have not really abandoned anything i like since i got into metal when i was ~12. i still like most/all of those bands to some extent at least, so the bands as such are not really connected with a time period for me. the only thing is i kind of stopped caring about thrash metal, i had a THRASH METAL YEAH DENIM AND SPIKES UPP UR BUTT period but these days not so much

Middle School: Nu-metal
High School: In Flames, Mastodon, OSDM, Suffocation, Opeth, and Agalloch
Undergrad: Rev Biz, Warning, Burzum, more OSDM, Yes, VdGG, and King Crimson

I started listening to serious music upon entering University, so anything prior to that is basically irrelevant, expect maybe Pink Floyd and (some) Queen. Paradise Lost, Anathema and Therion are the first metal bands I got into at around 17, a few months before black metal destroyed my gentle heart forever.

I'll soon have spent half my life listening to Omnio at least once a week. Scary come think of it.

i have that Propagandhi album How to Clean Everything. its pretty good, but some of the political lyrics are pretty laughably childish. the reggae song is awesome.