The most insane drumming I've ever heard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess the musical note of the sine wave-like frequency he produces on the kick drum. it's B, I checked, and B stands for boring.
I don't think people care as much for this style of drumming than they used to a couple of years ago, me included. I used to care a lot about who's the fastest, most technical drummer etc.
but guess what, shit gets old really fast.

sorry for the rant.

I think I heard the most unmusical shit ever!lol Even the word boring cant describe well the lack of interest.

guess the musical note of the sine wave-like frequency he produces on the kick drum. it's B, I checked, and B stands for boring.
I don't think people care as much for this style of drumming than they used to a couple of years ago, me included. I used to care a lot about who's the fastest, most technical drummer etc.
but guess what, shit gets old really fast.

sorry for the rant.

+1

I used to be head over heels for dudes like this. Now I'm so much more into dudes who honestly, just make my head bop. I know that sounds like a 8 Mile quote but its true. Groove will go 10 times farther in my book

Mind you Shannon Lucas is my favorite drummer ever

George kollias,derek roddy and james king for me

Pretty much.

James king is my favorite straight up speed blaster.
Drumming at the speed this guy is, is pointless imo
It doesn't actually increase the velocity of the music, Slayer still feels like it's faster.

so you're trying to make a huge deal out of a drummer who can play really fast but un-interesting shit, but then shit on people who call it out for being really fast and un-interesting shit with a claim that they're responsible for the continuance of the aforementioned really fast and un-interesting shit?

:popcorn:

so you're trying to make a huge deal out of a drummer who can play really fast but un-interesting shit, but then shit on people who call it out for being really fast and un-interesting shit with a claim that they're responsible for the continuance of the aforementioned really fast and un-interesting shit?

:popcorn:

dude, thanks for putting my thoughts into words.
but hey, let'S not have a heated discussion about this topic like on the derek roddy forums or the like alright?

u-mad-bro-thumb.jpg

If you cant accept criticism, you shouldn't post.

it's all good, we all have our moments

and no one's making any claims that the guy's drumming isn't great - it's just...boring. at least on its own with nothing else going on.

.... So I thank you for that BUT I have never heard one interesting piece of music from this forum (aside from Behindert)... Its all the same old, tired, stale, worn out, regurgitated music. The state of popular metal is no different than Country, Rap or Pop music. CRAP!

I beg you guys to show me some original music!

I know you already apologized but jesus christ. There are so many talented dudes on here with super original music. Onqel has some awesome work, Lasse in Killfloor Mechanic, Slice The Cake is one of the most unique deathcore bands I have ever heard, Widek music and Dandelium write some awesome sounding melodeath-esque stuff etc.

If everything sucks than you should be our fearless leader and write something "original" and blow us all away. Honestly maybe you are just sick of metal, it happens unfortunately

On that note I completely understand where you are coming from and this drummer is sick as fuck, I just don't care for it. Its like the dude who set the guiness book world record for fastest guitar playing (flight of the bumblebee). Sure its gnarly, but thats it.

No harsh feelings!

<3

I know you already apologized but jesus christ. There are so many talented dudes on here with super original music. Onqel has some awesome work, Lasse in Killfloor Mechanic, Slice The Cake is one of the most unique deathcore bands I have ever heard, Widek music and Dandelium write some awesome sounding melodeath-esque stuff etc.

If everything sucks than you should be our fearless leader and write something "original" and blow us all away. Honestly maybe you are just sick of metal, it happens unfortunately

On that note I completely understand where you are coming from and this drummer is sick as fuck, I just don't care for it. Its like the dude who set the guiness book world record for fastest guitar playing (flight of the bumblebee). Sure its gnarly, but thats it.

No harsh feelings!

<3

Dude, I love metal and I'm sick of metal!? You're right, it is just me. Its very hard for me to find music I like in any genre. I'm kinda A.D.D. when it comes to music. And like I said I am sorry for the post, just blowing off steam.

This thread should be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.