The Movie Thread?

mark b

Prog 4 ever. Australia!!!
Apr 30, 2007
Toowoomba, Australia.
www.myspace.com
What are your favourite movies of all time?

Mine would be

Braveheart ( The best )

Secrets and lies

The Patriot

Dead Poets Society

Vera Drake

Naked

All or Nothing

Schindlers List

Obviously by my list i am a huge Mike Leigh fan:worship:

From my Facebook :)

Se7en, Primal Fear, American History X, Silence of The Lambs, Red Dragon, The Patriot, Romper Stomper, Training Day, Pan's Labyrinth, Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, 12 Monkeys, Legends of the Fall, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Saw, Gattaca, The Butterfly Effect, Duel, American Beauty, Donnie Darko, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Planet of the Apes ('68), Goodfellas, The Usual Suspects, Down in The Valley, Memento, Taxi Driver, The Illusionist, The Lord of the Rings (all), Star Wars (all), The Matrix, Die Hard, Predator, Terminator 1 & 2, Universal Soldier, Starsky and Hutch, Zoolander, Happy Gilmore, Dodgeball, Anchorman, Grandma's Boy, Napoleon Dynamite, Superbad, Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, Team America.

Still yet to watch Requiem for a Dream, Schindler's List, Forrest Gump and a few more that I've been meaning to for a while.
Edward Norton is god.

The Life Aquatic - With Steve Zissou
Lord Of The Rings
The Bourne Trilogy
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy
Garden State
Kopps(Sweden)
Amelie(France)

And i just went and saw 'The Boat That Rocked' last night, very funny!

WHAT IS THIS QUITE MIKE LEIGH ACTUALLY
Because I want it. Whatever it is.

Mike Leigh's movies are quite depressing yet humourous at the same time, Most of his movies are set in Thatcheresque britain and money struggles and the acting is always sublime. Extremely true to life and thought provoking!! Start with Naked, it is quite disturbing.

OK, provided it's not some horrible communist anti-Thatcher stuff!
I'm kinda only kidding anyway, I listen to left-wing music (now playing - Israel Vibration) and watch some movies that could be considered 'leftist', even thought I am hardly a 'leftist' myself, well, as you would expect, with me liking Thatcher and all that.
I'll still get it and watch it!

I'm not a movie buff but here's my list.

- Neco z Alenky (Alice). a surrealist version of Alice in Wonderland.
- Alice in Wonderland. The one with Tina Majorino is my favourite.
- Pan's Labyrinth. Amazingamazingamazing.
- V for Vendetta
- Anything Burton. Though favourites are Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Sweeney Todd.
- The Boat that Rocked. Recently saw it, hilarious.
- Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead (we dig those guys).
I also really enjoy Asian cinema, stuff like The Curse of the Golden Flower. Generally if it makes it on to the shelves at VideoEzy its really decent, and visually spectacular at the least.
Plus I like Richard Dawkins docos, and David Attenborough (spelt wrong, I presume).

I'm not 100% sure what my favorite movie would be, but one of my new favorites is Repo: The Genetic Opera...a very bizzare but enjoyable movie in my opinion!