The Muscle Car Appreciation Thread

Radd

Self Portrait
Jul 19, 2005
NJ
www.soundclick.com
I'm not a motorhead. I don't even know a whole lot about cars but I do recognize beauty when I see it. I've been wanting a 69 camaro for so many years. Maybe someday but they cost a fortune now so its somewhat unlikely.

My favorite, the '69 camaro, especially with the hidden headlights, rally wheels and black vinyl top. Preferably blue with whites stripes.

c69redrs.jpg

69campacecardsf3.jpg

RT69camaro.JPG

The Plymouth Barracudu. Another favorite except its a Plymouth. :puke:

AARgogreen.jpg

800px-1970_Plymouth_Barracuda.jpg

And another, the 70 Charger but it's Dodge. :puke:

70FC7ChargerRT06.jpg

0302_hzoom11.jpg

70 Challenger:

70-ta-challenger.gif

70ChallengerTA_6.jpg

65 Vette:

Enter_write-up_here..._SIDE65MAINUSE.jpg

68 Firebird:

firebird%20(1).JPG

DSC02118.JPG

I never was big into Mustangs and Chevelles and others as much but they're ok.

Share your love! And hate, haha, 'cause I know its coming anyway...

I used to have a 79 z28 camaro like this with the blue interior but with glass T-tops in almost as good condition:

79Zlftside.JPG

With turbine wheels:

78-yj8.jpg

Too many pics Radd ;) I dunno, muscle cars are cool, I guess, but from my days as a car nut all I can think of is solid rear-axle suspension; 4-speed transmissions; hideously unaerodynamic bodies; boat-like suspension; loud, sputtering, carbeurated engines; bad sound insulation; rattly, loose bodies that flex like crazy; steering wheels the thickness of a broom handle...to name just a few qualms :D

Too many pics Radd ;) I dunno, muscle cars are cool, I guess, but from my days as a car nut all I can think of is solid rear-axle suspension; 4-speed transmissions; hideously unaerodynamic bodies; boat-like suspension; loud, sputtering, carbeurated engines; bad sound insulation; rattly, loose bodies that flex like crazy; steering wheels the thickness of a broom handle...to name just a few qualms :D

Oh yeah, you're absolutely right. They're gas guzzling pieces of crap compared to cars since then but they look bad ass as hell unlike most of the cars since then. lol

Closest I ever got was my first car, a 76 Firebird Formula, which had a stock 400 (From a T/A) with headers and cherry bombs, a 4:11 rear end, and a Hurst shifter. I thought it was bad ass at the time. That was in high school, which is why I look like a complete tool.
img019.jpg

My gearhead nature peaked when I built this about 10 years ago. An '89 Mustang ('93 Cobra replica) with a pretty stout 302 that ran mid 11's in the 1/4 mile naturally aspirated. I had a 150 horse N2O kit on it just for fun on the street, but I never made a clean pass with it at the track....no traction.
img032Medium.jpg

What I liked about it, was that it was old school under the hood:
engine.jpg

BUT its a plymouth/dodge?

Dude... Mopar back then was where it was at, soooo...

anyways, there's always the GT500's

1969-shelby-mustang-gt500-eleanor.jpg

But for ME, it goes like this:

lexus-lfa-roadster1.jpg

toyota-supra-tuning.jpg

nissan-gt-r.jpg

Ruf_RGT_2007.jpg

2010-pagani-zonda-f-banner-31.jpg

Hey Radd, do you build cars for a living? No? Well, I'm sure I can speak for all of my fellow Chrysler employees when I say, "we don't shit on what you do for a living, please reciprocate!"

Anyway, here's some real muscle:

2009 Dodge Challenger:
Dodge-Challenger-SRT8-09.jpg

silver09challenger.jpg

6.1L/425-hp/420-lb-ft OHV 16-valve V-8 *drool*

Umm, were you referring to my rant above Oz? If so, what does me not having the joy of building cars for a living have to do with me not understanding when they're built poorly? (at least relative to today's). I've never driven an old muscle car, but I trust the authors of Car and Driver, Motor Trend, and others, and the above complaints make perfect sense to me...

Wasn't aimed at you.

We've gone a VERY long way in improving quality these days (we've beaten the Japanese in JD Power quality) & it just pisses me off to see someone put a "puke" next to the word "Dodge."

Oh right, I went back and actually read what Radd wrote between his like 40 pics, so now I understand :D

my peepee is so hard it hurts. i haet cars so bad, but love muscle cars. I so so wish i could just have a car that's just a body, an interior, and an engine, none of that other BULLSHIT that fucks up everything. stop computerizing my shit - it WILL fuck up.