The ND effort.

GottlichKrieger

The Doombringer
Feb 20, 2011
I'm actually really thankful of the efforts ND is making to reach out to fans. I joined this forum as a result of the podcasts. So i guess i just want to thank you guys for going the extra mile for us, the fans.

You're quite welcome, we're happy to communicate with people and see new people join us here at the forum, especially since it's been pretty slow lately. And you picked a good time, since more news and other things are going to gradually start coming out now that the new cd is due in a couple months. Glad you enjoy the podcasts, thanks again!

Novembers doom is a special band i have to admit. Your catalog is amazing. There is not one sub-par album through out your career wich is an acomplishment it=n its self. If i were you guys id be cocky as hell filled with pried of knowing that i have made some of the most kick ass metal ever. I have no idea of what im trying to say but man you guys kick ass and thanks for the music. I hope life lets you make many more great albums.

You guys should make a list of every single way fans can support ND cuz some people (like me) are very clueless when it comes to thees kinda things.

You guys should make a list of every single way fans can support ND cuz some people (like me) are very clueless when it comes to thees kinda things.

1.) Buy our merchandise.
2.) Tell your friends to buy our merchandise.
3.) Tell your friends' friends to buy our merchandise.
4.) Let local promoters know that you would like Novembers Doom to play in your area.
5.) Come see us live.
6.) Tell your friends to come see us live.
7.) Tell your friends' friends to come see us live.
8.) Post threads on other metal sites and social media sites about Novembers Doom.
9.) Tell your friends to post threads on other metal sites and social media sites about Novembers Doom.
10.) Tell your friends' friends to post threads on other metal sites and social media sites about Novembers Doom.

Those are my picks anyway. :)

I'm still wondering what "contact my local promoters" means... Who are they? How are they contactable? I know a few from Montreal (Brave Concerts International (for big bands like Destruction, Kamelot, Evergrey...) and Extensive Enterprise for smaller/local bands)... Should I contact most of them and let them know about you and how my friends and I would like to see ND in Montreal?

That's exactly right, right there. Those two you mentioned from Montreal, either of those might possibly have interest in booking ND. Most of these promoters and companies have websites I'm sure, and means of contacting them via email or message board or something. Just drop them a line inquiring about whether there was any chance or news about the band Novembers Doom being booked to tour through your area. I don't think you need to ramble on or harass them about it in any way, but just inquire about it and if you want to mention that you and other fans of ND are very eager to see us play there, then that at least puts the name and the thought in their heads. It could either mean that they might seek us out and contact us about booking, or at the very least, when we are booking the next jaunt and we try to contact these promoters about booking us, they'll have at least heard of us and know that people have been inquiring about us playing there, which makes them more interested in taking the chance and booking us.

I contacted BCI from montreal and they said they would look into ND so i dont know what that means but i hope one day it happens.

Hey that's great, that's all we can hope for yknow? If we're lucky and this new cd does well for us, and we garner a good buzz for the band again, and we can get some other people up in Canada on board to start talking about us, asking promoters about us, etc., then that makes it very likely we'll get up there. The only reason we don't right now is because of cost, and more importantly, because we need the proper paperwork to get across the border to perform. If we can make at least enough money to get us there, and get that legal document stuff lined up correctly, we're there! We've been very eager to play Montreal, I've heard only good things about it.

Also, not just buying the merchandise, but wearing it.

Wearing a Novembers Doom shirt will certainly stir up more interesting conversation than wearing an Opeth shirt, as an example. Most metal fans have at least heard an Opeth song. ND for example though are a band where most fans of any genre have at least HEARD of but may not have heard the music. Therefore, anytime someone sees an ND shirt at a gig, it is advertising for a band. I know many times I am at a gig, and see a shirt of a band I have been meaning to check out. Nothing means more than a ringing endorsement from a fellow metal fan. Certainly means more, at least to me, than a BWBK review of a band...

That's valid, surely. It's one thing for some reviewer to give a fair passable review to something, it's another thing entirely when that person feels strongly enough about the band to wear their t-shirts out in public. Me, for example, I don't wear concert shirts out to shows and stuff very often, so when I do it's usually a band that I feel pretty strongly about, so that says something.

I wear the merch of the competition because if you dudes think YOUR opinions of me are low, try the locals.