The ND Social Thread

XD, its all thanks to craigslist people selling cheap!

I have:

Ebonite Crown Regency (some 14lb plastic ball thats like 30-40 years old) for $15, with a bag.

Storm Power Bolt (15lb ball new inserts with a pearl paticle coverstock) $30

Then some guy was selling a Brunswick Purple Monster and an Ebonite Vortex2, plus 2 wrist things, 2 bowling towels and 2 grip sacs for a total of $20.

Then, someone was selling a double bowling bag roller at a garage sale, so I went and it also came with two more balls, and I got it all for $10.

And then theres my girlfriends 10lb crown regency ball, which was also $15.

Anyways I mostly use the Storm El Nino Wrath, and I throw with two hands a la Jason Belmonte.

balls-bowling-balls-demotivational-poster-1264892994.jpg

Damn!! You are getting pretty hardcore with your bowling!!

I ended the season with a 172 average.

Lol well I've really been enjoying it although I'm not all that good yet. Mostly I've been working on getting control of the way the ball hooks (I enter from the left, and aim the ball to the right and it goes all the way out towards the edge then curves in and gets the pocket). I hope I can make it onto the UNLV bowling team next semester, it'd be pretty cool.

Its also really fun watching bowling on ESPN every Sunday afternoon. So far its the only sport I've regularly watched.

I could never hook. Never learned the proper technique.
I only throw a straight ball.

Yeah, a guy on my team throws your line too (IE - start at the left but aim right)

Too bad you aren't in Chi-town anymore.
We could have formed a team.

Hell, maybe Novembers Doom could have been our sponsor!! :)

I could never hook. Never learned the proper technique.
I only throw a straight ball.

Yeah, a guy on my team throws your line too (IE - start at the left but aim right)

Too bad you aren't in Chi-town anymore.
We could have formed a team.

Hell, maybe Novembers Doom could have been our sponsor!! :)

You should try it out, just look for a used ball on craigslist thats from the past 10-15 years thats in decent condition, and then try out the two handed stuff like this:

But yeah, an ND related team would have been awesome :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?? Theres a lot of good footage and stuff that has appeared on ESPN originally. Lots of good games to watch, plus Walter Ray Williams (I think) 4-6-7-10 split conversion! Or maybe it was just the 7-10, I don't remember.

I've never seen anyone convert a 7-10 split...not even pros.

Anyway, I have been bowling more and more lately. I enjoy the hell out of it! There is a bowling alley near me that, if you go at the right time, they'll put on musical "requests", so of course, I always ask for a bit of the heavy stuff...:)

On a side note - broke 200 for the first fucking time ever about two weeks ago. I'm typically pretty damn average, but I was ON that day. Probably never happen again...:p

I think if anyone converted the 7-10 split they'd get a bunch of $$$ XD

But yeah it very rarely happens, and its only happened on TV once or twice I think.

And good job! I haven't gotten nearly that high since I've been going through different styles and trying different balls, but I've been practicing so I think I'll be getting up there sometime soon, I hope so at least!

That two-handed Belmonte style is really cool stuff.

I watch Bowling on television whenever I'm able to catch it. People usually make fun of me for it, but I don't care. I've always loved going bowling but I'm not very good at it, and I have little patience for my lack of sports ability. I'll stick with playing guitar (not that I'm that much better at that either lol).