The ND Social Thread

That two-handed Belmonte style is really cool stuff.

I watch Bowling on television whenever I'm able to catch it. People usually make fun of me for it, but I don't care. I've always loved going bowling but I'm not very good at it, and I have little patience for my lack of sports ability. I'll stick with playing guitar (not that I'm that much better at that either lol).

I used to watch candlepin bowling on Saturday afternoons when I was a kid and could never figure out why.

I watch Bowling on television whenever I'm able to catch it. People usually make fun of me for it

nelson-laughing.jpg

Ok, so all us bowling dorks have come out of the closet in this thread......

Anyone willing to admit their love for professional wrestling?
My entire youth during the 80s was spent watching AWA, WCCW, NWA, UWF, WWF, Bob Luce Wresting, wrestling both live and on TV.

I truly despise what McMahon has done to wrestling today, but the glory days of it defined my youth (along with metal of course)

Too much bowling talk. Porcupine Tree on Friday. Last time I went to a PT show I was the youngest person there by like 15 years (I think I was 28). We'll see if it's any different this time.

I'll proudly admit I'm a pro wrestling fan. Have been since I was 9, and I'm almost 34 now. I've tried to get away from it several times, but it just keeps sucking me back in lol. I've given up watching the WWE (except for oldschool DVD sets like Survivor Series, Summerslam, etc), and now I tend to lean towards TNA, ROH, PWG, and Japanese wrestling. That's some good stuff.

Bowling, for whatever reason, really brings out my ADD. Last time, I got severely distracted midthrow and tossed myself further down the lane than the ball.

Too much bowling talk. Porcupine Tree on Friday. Last time I went to a PT show I was the youngest person there by like 15 years (I think I was 28). We'll see if it's any different this time.

Have fun at the gig. Not really my cup of tea.
If I wanted to get a nap, I would go see Opeth live again.

I will get my napping at a show fix this summer when Dream Theater opens for Maiden.. :) (I say that as a DT fan BTW, just not a good live band. Hopefully they will bring it)

Fuck, I spend 5 days on the beach in FL and you guys start talking bowling while I'm gone? I've been in a league for the past 8 years.

Jason, you should use a 15lb ball, especially if you want to learn how to hook. Unless that's going to wear your arm out after 3 games in a row. My dad actually down-graded from 16lb balls to 15's this year.

Honestly, the ball does all of the work once you release it. It's all about a consistent release and hand position, and getting the ball in the area of the alley that you want it (close to the gutter, etc). I just use a regular bowling motion, and don't purposely add any extra spin or revs to the ball. I just let the ball do the work.

I've got a 15lb. Columbia Action, and a 15lb white-dot for spares/corner shots. Assuming I find another job within the next month or two, I'd like to get a third ball that will hook in heavy oil. I've had problems with that this year.

High Game is a 269, which I had a few years ago. I've had a few 240/250 games, and one 265 since then.

My high series is a 709 (!) that I rolled this past fall. I think my high series is more impressive than the high game. That was a 226,247,236, and I was clean for all 30 frames. If it wasn't a strike, I picked up the spare. :)

Those are some damn great scores!

But throwing the ball one handed with a regular bowling motion doesn't do a thing for me at all, you must be doing something for it to work (which is why I do 2 handed).

Jason, you should use a 15lb ball, especially if you want to learn how to hook. Unless that's going to wear your arm out after 3 games in a row. My dad actually down-graded from 16lb balls to 15's this year.

I'm confused. How does the weight of the ball change anything? Is the Wii controller actually able to change its resistance to motion by setting a different ball weight? I mean, even little kids are all bowling now, and I don't think they can lift heavy balls....

Wait a minute, do you mean people actually still bowl in bowling alleys with real bowling balls? Holy shit...

:saint:

Ken