The Anti-social (thread of course)

I'm not anti-social, but for along time have wished living in a cabin in the woods cut off from people and society. I would hope everyone's wish comes true and believe everyone deserves their dying wish.

The entire problem is people are made to believe being social is good.

I was on vacation when this thread first appeared so I had fun going back and reading it. I think the best insight was Krampus saying that we are all versions of normality and the 99% of people who are "normal" is not real. It kind of pisses me off when people whine about how most people are so lame and uninteresting. It happens all the time on the internet, and doubly so on metal forums. It strikes me as rationalizing not having friends. Everyone has different tastes in people and everyone gravitates towards people with similar interests. You are not special because you gravitate towards people who also don't like popular music or whatever.

Regardless the fact that am anti-religious. I do have a major problem with the fact that God is not real. It does bother me occasionally.

Regardless the fact that am anti-religious. I do have a major problem with the fact that God is not real. It does bother me occasionally.

God as something that would ensure you that what you're doing is right and that there is some superior righteousness? That's basically the idea on which religions fool people, they give a false certainty to people that are bothered by this. Believe in yourself man :) And run to the woods if you don't like faggots, they're everywhere.

EDIT: I myself need to get out of the city quite often.

I was on vacation when this thread first appeared so I had fun going back and reading it. I think the best insight was Krampus saying that we are all versions of normality and the 99% of people who are "normal" is not real. It kind of pisses me off when people whine about how most people are so lame and uninteresting. It happens all the time on the internet, and doubly so on metal forums. It strikes me as rationalizing not having friends. Everyone has different tastes in people and everyone gravitates towards people with similar interests. You are not special because you gravitate towards people who also don't like popular music or whatever.

I can't believe I said that. I can't think of anyone who is more picky and petty about liking/disliking people because of the perception that those people are boring.

e.g. my actions at the party last night - I was tired and there were lots of new people there and it was too much effort to censor myself/be pleasant and explain stuff to them, so I just stood in the hallway and shot the shit with my friend who was selling tickets and taking money all night. I didn't meet one new person who I thought was interesting and I have actually been kind of lamenting the social state of things since the teacher turnover. Life was better when there were fewer of us and everyone knew each other already.

Well, I wrote them all off as being turds...

Yesterday was a trainwreck in social awkwardness. Had that teachers' meeting with like 150 of us in one room. For whatever reason those meetings just bring out the worst in everybody, particularly me, and I just say awkward/stupid/untrue shit that makes no sense and makes everyone uncomfortable. I am generally pretty okay and chill with being around people but for some reason these fucking meetings are a real challenge.